Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing Skipper is a bummer. I wish the Steelers would have kept him. But there is also a far greater likelihood that he turns into Howard Jones than James Harrison...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Losing Skipper is a bummer. I wish the Steelers would have kept him. But there is also a far greater likelihood that he turns into Howard Jones than James Harrison...
    Howard Jones the British singer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Well, after that opening game...

Things Can Only Get Better
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't worry, we still have Chickillo
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    And, Dirty Red...

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Man, Skipper was my favorite in the preseason. He had 5 sacks and 2 FFs in parts of 4 games. Extrapolate that out for the season and you're looking at a future DMVP with 40+ sacks and 16+ FFs.

Heck, he'll be HOF bound by the end of his first full season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Howard Jones, the preseason sensation who was signed by the Bucs, had 2 sacks in his debut, and was never heard from again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I get the Steelers not wanting to go into the preseason with two UDFAs from Toledo as the only backup OLBs and wanting a veteran. I don't agree with it. I would have preferred Skipper. But I get it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Howard Jones, the preseason sensation who was signed by the Bucs, had 2 sacks in his debut, and was never heard from again.
    No One Is To Blame.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would have liked to keep Skipper too. I think he showed enough to get a shot. But I think you're right that he's a longshot to be more than a back up / ST player.

Example: Remember last year when everyone was pissed that we lost that ILB to Baltimore? Maybe Skipper is different, but the odds are stacked against it.