Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I would have liked to keep Skipper too. I think he showed enough to get a shot. But I think you're right that he's a longshot to be more than a back up / ST player.

Example: Remember last year when everyone was pissed that we lost that ILB to Baltimore? Maybe Skipper is different, but the odds are stacked against it.
    Yeah, Matthew Thomas...last year’s training camp phenom for us. The Ravens waived him on August 1st and he did not sign with another team. Currently out of football. Maybe the XFL will be an option.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Skipper out, Elliott in

Amazing we would make a spot on the 53 for this stiff yet couldn't find a way to do it for Skipper

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Skipper out, Elliott in

Amazing we would make a spot on the 53 for this stiff yet couldn't find a way to do it for Skipper
    That tells me that they probably didn't want to find a spot for Skipper. We don't know why, but we do know that they could have kept him had they wanted to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Love how fans always fall in love with players on the bubble.

99% of the time those guys don’t make it in the NFL but you would think it was the opposite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Skipper out, Elliott in
    Replace a former Toledo LB (Tuzar Skipper) with a different former Toledo LB (Jayrone Elliott) to team up with the other former Toledo LB who is already on our roster (Ola Adeniyi).

In other news, we also added Devlin Hodges to the practice squad. Rejoice!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Skipper out, Elliott in

He's taking the spot of Josh Dobbs. The Steelers probably would have signed Skipper back into that spot if he cleared waivers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

99% of the time those guys don’t make it in the NFL but you would think it was the opposite.
    Well, after watching Bud dance with the left tackle all night, it's easy to see why fans would like to see what Skipper could do since he did actually have production in the pre-season. One thing is for certain, it would be very difficult for Skipper to do less than what happened Sunday night.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

You gotta leave that logic at the door.

This is a message board. We over react and suspend disbelief around these parts.

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed we bring back Hodges. I stashed him on my fantasy team just in case.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, after watching Bud dance with the left tackle all night, it's easy to see why fans would like to see what Skipper could do since he did actually have production in the pre-season. One thing is for certain, it would be very difficult for Skipper to do less than what happened Sunday night.

Pappy
    It's not even like it was Dirty Dancing. This was like dancing in the 1800s when people kept a respectable amount of space between them.

Bud is quite the gentleman, but I'd gladly take a 6th round draft pick for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Skipper out, Elliott in

My understanding of the waiver process is that players who aren't vested vets don't get a choice.

We moved Skipper down and he was claimed by another team. He doesn't get a choice to come back to us in that case (and we don't get a choice to bid on him or anything).

Maybe I'm wrong though...too many rules in the NFL.