Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers week 2

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly..and to your point of waiting all off-season for the coach to tell you after the loss that " the team wasn't prepared"???? Aggravating..to say the least.
    This is spot on and was my biggest disappointment. Okay, we got blown out by the cheaters, it was clear we were the inferior team and they seem to always have the gameplan perfect when they play us. But for the ball coach to say we weren't prepared just tells me he just says anything like all his other cliches. If it was a Thursday night game in the middle of the season or something, maybe you could argue that, but even then, you have to prepare for those situations. An entire offseason, you knew who you were playing for months...no excuse! SAD!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m thinking after the last press conference when Tomlin admitted that they were not prepared to play, that we need to ask him before kickoff ...”Is the team prepared this week? “ if he says no, then we can go cut the lawn or something.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Part of this is that we weren't prepared.

Part of this is also people making too big of a deal of what gets said at press conferences.

Tomlin can't go out in a press conference and say: the Pats are way better than us, or maybe we would have done better if our receivers could catch the ****ing football.

Saying that they were unprepared is (1) true and (2) the coach taking the high road by putting the blame on himself. Just like Ben saying that all he can do is work on QB play. I think this is Tomlin acknowledging that what he can do is work on getting them prepared.

It wouldn't kill us to look good (or at least not like a tire fire) in the first game of the season.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers 2 Seahags 0

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thursday, Sep 12, 2019 06:30 PM

Week 2 Injury Report (Seahawks)

Teresa Varley
    STEELERS.COM

The Steelers injury report took a noticeable turn for the better on Thursday, with multiple players returning to practice as full participants.

Before the Steelers took the field linebacker T.J. Watt said, ‘I feel great.’

That was reflected in the fact that after being limited on Wednesday he was a full participant in Thursday’s practice.

Watt wasn’t the only one getting more work. Terrell Edmunds, who was limited the day before, was also a full participant in practice.

“I feel okay,” said Edmunds. “I got some work in out there. It felt good to be back out there with the guys. I missed some yesterday, but today was a good day.”

James Conner and Zach Banner, both listed as limited on the injury report with an illness on Wednesday, were also back and a full go.

And for the first time this season Sean Davis (ankle) was a full participant in practice, while JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) also went from limited to full participant.

There were still several players who were completely held out of practice, though. Maurkice Pouncey (ankle), Joe Haden (shoulder) and Roosevelt Nix (knee), did not practice.

Neither Mark Barron or Ramon Foster practiced on Thursday, not injury related for either, while Ben Roethlisberger was back at work after being given Wednesday off.

The full injury report is below.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Thursday, September 12
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Not Injury Related) - Full
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Toe) - Full
    S Sean Davis (Ankle) - Full
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Illness) - Full
    S Terrell Edmunds (Glute) - Full
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Ankle) - DNP
    LB T.J. Watt (Hip) - Full
    FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee) - DNP
    OT Zach Banner (Illness) - Full
    OT Ramon Foster (Not Injury Related) - DNP
    LB Mark Barron (Not Injury Related) - DNP

Wednesday, September 11
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Not Injury Related) - DNP
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Toe) - Limited
    S Sean Davis (Ankle) - Limited
    RB James Conner (Illness) - Limited
    S Terrell Edmunds (Glute) - Limited
    LB T.J. Watt (Hip) - Limited
    OT Zach Banner (Illness) - Limited

Seattle Seahawks Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Thursday, September 12
    C Joey Hunt (Ankle) - DNP
    DT Poona Ford (Calf) - DNP
    S Tedric Thompson (Hamstring) - DNP
    CB Neiko Thorpe (Hamstring) - DNP
    WR David Moore (Shoulder) - Limited
    C Justin Britt (Knee) - Full
    WR Tyler Lockett (Back) - Limited
    DE Quinten Jefferson (Hip) - Limited
    G Mike Iupati (Foot) - Full
    DE L.J. Collier (Ankle) - Full
    DE Ziggy Ansah (Shoulder) - Full
    S Ugo Amadi (Shoulder) - Full
    DE Jadeveon Clowney (Not Injury Related) - Full
    T Duane Brown (Knee) - Full
    T George Fant (Ankle) - Full
    TE Will Dissly (Knee) - Full

Wednesday, September 11

C Joey Hunt (Ankle) - DNP
    DT Poona Ford (Calf) - DNP
    S Tedric Thompson (Hamstring) - DNP
    CB Neiko Thorpe (Hamstring) - DNP
    C Justin Britt (Knee) - DNP
    WR Tyler Lockett (Back) - DNP
    G Mike Iupati (Foot) - Limited
    WR David Moore (Shoulder) - Limited
    DE L.J. Collier (Ankle) - Limited
    DE Ziggy Ansah (Shoulder) - Limited
    S Ugo Amadi (Shoulder) - Limited
    DE Jadeveon Clowney (Not Injury Related) - Limited
    T Duane Brown (Knee) - Full
    T George Fant (Ankle) - Full
    TE Will Dissly (Knee) - Full
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Friday, Sep 13, 2019 03:53 PM

Week 2 Injury Report (Seahawks)

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Things continue to look better for the Steelers on the injury front as they get closer to kickoff of Sunday’s home opener against the Seattle Seahawks.

During his weekly press conference Coach Mike Tomlin alluded to the team being without fullback Roosevelt Nix, who missed practice all week with a knee injury, and that will be the case as he has been ruled out for Sunday.

Center Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) returned to practice on Friday as a full participant after missing the previous two days. Pouncey is listed as questionable for the game but was optimistic after practice and said he had no issues.

“I’m feeling really good. I’m playing this week,” Pouncey said in the locker room. “Especially after last week, who wants miss the game. I feel really good.”

Cornerback Joe Haden (shoulder) was another one who returned to the fold on Friday. Haden missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday but was a full participant on Friday and is listed as questionable.

Last week Sean Davis was sidelined with an ankle injury, but he is back this week. Davis was limited in practice on Wednesday, but a full participant on Thursday and Friday and isn’t listed on the status report.

“I’m going to play,” said Davis. “I am excited. I love running around playing with my guys. I am not going to play hurt. The guys on the other side of the ball are too good. You can’t keep up with them. You have to put your pride aside and be a smarter football player. I am good to go this week.”

JuJu Smith-Schuster, who was a full participant for the second straight day, said he had no issues with his toe in and even gave his dog, Boujee, a shout out.

“The toe felt great,” said Smith-Schuster. “I was running around the house, chasing Boujee, making cuts left and right. I will be ready to play.”

Terrell Edmunds (glute) also was a full participant on Thursday and Friday after being limited on Wednesday.

The full injury report is below.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Game Status
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - Questionable
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Ankle) - Questionable
    FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee) - Out

Friday, September 13
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - Full
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Ankle) - Full
    OT Ramon Foster (Not Injury Related) - Full
    LB Mark Barron (Not Injury Related) - Full

Thursday, September 12
    OT Ramon Foster (Not Injury Related) - DNP
    LB Mark Barron (Not Injury Related) - DNP

Wednesday, September 11
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Not Injury Related) - DNP
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Toe) - Limited
    S Sean Davis (Ankle) - Limited
    RB James Conner (Illness) - Limited
    S Terrell Edmunds (Glute) - Limited
    LB T.J. Watt (Hip) - Limited
    OT Zach Banner (Illness) - Limited

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-2-injury-report-seahawks
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

sigh... another Wednesday off for Roethlisberger, who, if anyone, arguably didn't have the best game last week and really should be building timing with his receivers. Don't get it.

btw, for those complaining of Tomlin's words on 'not being ready'... I have heard the exact same words from none other than BB after NE in a loss.

it's football, losses happen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    sigh... another Wednesday off for Roethlisberger, who, if anyone, arguably didn't have the best game last week and really should be building timing with his receivers. Don't get it.

btw, for those complaining of Tomlin's words on 'not being ready'... I have heard the exact same words from none other than BB after NE in a loss.

it's football, losses happen.
    I’m thinking the same thing North.

Why would anyone take off a day of practice after that game?

The year we won the SB Tomlin said “you don’t practice, you don’t play” after the O went 10 quarters without a TD.

If we go 0-2 and the passing game looks like trash it’s time to make that declaration again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Ansah questionable; David Moore out
    By Charean Williams | Sep 13, 2019, 4:33 PM EDT

The Seahawks list defensive end Ziggy Ansah (shoulder) as questionable for Sunday’s game. Ansah also was questionable on last week’s status report and didn’t play in the season opener.

They also could play without safety Tedric Thompson (hamstring), cornerback Neiko Thorpe (hamstring) and defensive tackle Poona Ford (calf), all of whom are listed as doubtful.

Lano Hill likely will start at safety alongside Bradley McDougald if Thompson can’t go.

The Seahawks ruled out receiver David Moore (shoulder) and center Joey Hunt (ankle). Moore returned to practice on a limited basis this week after breaking a bone in his shoulder during an Aug. 22 practice.

The Seahawks should see first-round choice L.J. Collier make his NFL debut. The defensive lineman does not have a designation after having a full practice Thursday.

Collier missed more than a month with an ankle injury.

Receiver Tyler Lockett and center Justin Britt also do not have designations after missing practice Wednesday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I’m thinking the same thing North.

Why would anyone take off a day of practice after that game?

The year we won the SB Tomlin said “you don’t practice, you don’t play” after the O went 10 quarters without a TD.

If we go 0-2 and the passing game looks like trash it’s time to make that declaration again.
    They are now at 8 quarters without a TD.