Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers week 2

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How do we know Haden is out already?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    How do we know Haden is out already?
    Yeah im a little confused as to how some are so certain he won’t play too.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this team has any pride, they come back angry and win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Yeah im a little confused as to how some are so certain he won’t play too.
    Because he suffered a sprain in his AC joint.

Steelers CB Joe Haden suffered a sprained AC joint in Week 1 against the Patriots.

It puts Haden in danger of missing Week 2. Timetables for shoulder sprains can be all over the place, but cornerbacks have a harder time returning from them. Russell Wilson and Seattle's pass offense would get a matchup boost if Haden doesn't play this week.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Sep 9, 2019, 1:54 PM ET
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Joe Haden has sprained AC Joint in shoulder, availability in Week 2 unknown

The Pittsburgh Steelers have gotten some positive news on the injury front the day after their prime time loss.

By Jeff Hartman
    Sep 9, 2019, 3:20pm EDT

The Pittsburgh Steelers weren’t just beat up by the New England Patriots on the scoreboard to the tune of 33-3, they were also left pretty beat up in regards to injuries.

Pittsburgh suffered several injuries from at key positions heading into Week 2. Some of those injured were T.J. Watt (hip), Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) and Joe Haden (shoulder). As for Haden, Ian Rapoport reported he suffered a sprained AC joint.

#Steelers CB Joe Haden, who went down with a shoulder injury in the loss to the #Patriots, has a sprained AC joint, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 9, 2019
    During the game Haden left for a period, but was able to return to the game and finished with no ill effects in his play. Dr. David Chao, who used to be the former head team doctor of the San Diego Chargers, shines some light on what the injury might mean for Haden this week, and his availability in the home opener against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2:

Expect #JoeHaden to miss some (or be limited) in practice this week but be ready to play next week vs @Seahawks.

(Who says I don't give free content anymore? Just using the new https://t.co/mVHhAhQEkP to give better next level info where 280 characters are not enough.) https://t.co/CwM8Xhyv2V

— David J. Chao (@ProFootballDoc) September 9, 2019
    Hopefully Chao’s rough diagnosis will come to fruition and the Steelers don’t have to lean on Artie Burns to anchor one half of the field opposite Steven Nelson.

As for Pouncey, Ed Bouchette of The Athletic reported his teammates said it was a minor injury, and he should be fine.

Talking to Steelers players just now and they believe Maurkice Pouncey should be fine, that he was upbeat about his anke today that was injured Sunday night

— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) September 9, 2019
    A recent report from ProFootballTalk shows JuJu Smith-Schuster, who left the game with a toe injury, had all X-Rays come back negative, a positive sign for his short-term availability.

X-rays on JuJu Smith-Schuster’s toe came back negative https://t.co/6qF0EcGVsN

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 9, 2019
    Of course these are all reports and speculation, but on the surface it is good news for the Steelers heading into Week 2, from an injury standpoint. Mike Tomlin will address these, and any other injuries, during his Tuesday press conference at noon.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...hawks-steelers
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wednesday, Sep 11, 2019 07:24 PM

Week 2 Injury Report (Seahawks)

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

On Tuesday Coach Mike Tomlin said some players could be limited in practice early in the week and that was just the case when the team returned to the field on Wednesday. Some were limited, and several didn’t practice at all.

Joe Haden (shoulder), Roosevelt Nix (knee) and Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) didn’t practice, while Zach Banner (illness), James Conner (illness), Sean Davis (ankle), Terrell Edmunds (glute), JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe), and T.J. Watt (hip) were limited. Ben Roethlisberger didn’t practice, simply a coach’s decision to give him a day off.

Davis missed last week’s game against the New England Patriots and said it felt good to get some work in with his teammates.

“I am feeling better,” said Davis. “I finally got to get out there with the guys today, move around. No setbacks. That is the good thing. I am just eager to get back, get as healthy as possible, as fast as possible, so I can help contribute.

“We took a forward step today, definitely progressed. Got to re-join the guys today, run around a little bit, test my ankle out. Looking forward to doing a little bit more tomorrow in practice. I am getting better. I am doing better than I was last week.”

Haden injured his shoulder in the Patriots game, but said it is improving.

“It’s feeling pretty good,” said Haden. “Still bothering me but it’s going day-by-day. It’s been feeling better every day. Hopefully see how that goes.”

The full injury report is below.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Wednesday, September 11
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coaches Decision) - DNP
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Toe) - Limited
    S Sean Davis (Ankle) - Limited
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Illness) - Limited
    S Terrell Edmunds (Glute) - Limited
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Ankle) - DNP
    LB T.J. Watt (Hip) - Limited
    FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee) - DNP
    OT Zach Banner (Illness) - Limited

Seattle Seahawks Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Wednesday, September 11
    C Joey Hunt (Ankle) - DNP
    DT Poona Ford (Calf) - DNP
    S Tedric Thompson (Hamstring) - DNP
    CB Neiko Thorpe (Hamstring) - DNP
    C Justin Britt (Knee) - DNP
    WR Tyler Lockett (Back) - DNP
    G Mike Iupati (Foot) - Limited
    WR David Moore (Shoulder) - Limited
    DE L.J. Collier (Ankle) - Limited
    DE Ziggy Ansah (Shoulder) - Limited
    S Ugo Amadi (Shoulder) - Limited
    DE Jadeveon Clowney (NIR) - Limited
    T Duane Brown (Knee) - Full
    T Duane Fant (Ankle) - Full
    TE Will Dissly (Knee) - Full
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we play better but, not sure if we win...we always have slow starts and they seem to get worse each year.....I'm still
    smelling the stink from this past Sunday night......

Legend

User Info Menu

This loss this week was hard for me to shake. I haven't been this upset about a loss since the Jags playoff loss.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This loss this week was hard for me to shake. I haven't been this upset about a loss since the Jags playoff loss.
    Same for me. You wait all offseason. You know it's against the cheaters. It's on primetime. And to not score a single touchdown was epically disapointing. If it had been remotely competitive, the loss wouldn't be nearly as painful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Same for me. You wait all offseason. You know it's against the cheaters. It's on primetime. And to not score a single touchdown was epically disappointing. If it had been remotely competitive, the loss wouldn't be nearly as painful.
    Exactly..and to your point of waiting all off-season for the coach to tell you after the loss that " the team wasn't prepared"???? Aggravating..to say the least.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN