Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relax guys

Legend

User Info Menu

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lers-woes-pats

Ben stepping up. He was terrible. And when he did hit Moncrief, he dropped them.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 09-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This. I thought out key to winning was getting pressure up the middle against a line that was supposed to be ill prepared due to injuries.
    Gotta cover the WRs and RBs

They abused us using motion and picking our DBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think that's exactly the problem. It was the same game plan. The Pats* adapted. The Steelers did not.
    The Pats are the Borg of the NFL. We failed to remodulate our frequencies since the last game.

Per the Star Trek wiki:
    Borg Adaptation
    A special mechanic of ground Borg mobs is that they can adapt to the attacks of players, making further weapon attacks effectively useless against them. In order to counter this effect, the weapon frequencies have to be remodulated.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moncrief
    "I think it was a wake-up call -- something we needed," said receiver Donte Moncrief, who dropped several contested passes Sunday and finishing with three catches for 7 yards despite a team-high 10 targets. "It's something I felt I needed."
    Huh? Something you needed? What about all the team-first stuff and lack of drama that everyone was talking about in training camp? What about Ben loving the game again and looking more sharp than ever?

And they NEEDED a wake-up call? From what???

Ben sucked and so did the entire offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Huh? Something you needed? What about all the team-first stuff and lack of drama that everyone was talking about in training camp? What about Ben loving the game again and looking more sharp than ever?

And they NEEDED a wake-up call? From what???

Ben sucked and so did the entire offense.
    Maybe the wake up call they needed was that the NFL isn't the Mighty Ducks (movie) and you don't win just because your team has a feel good story about coming together in the off season?

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe the wake up call they needed was that the NFL isn't the Mighty Ducks (movie) and you don't win just because your team has a feel good story about coming together in the off season?
    I try to think more in terms of Rocky.

The fans are Adrianne, telling the team that they can't win.

And in the end, the team is supposed be Rocky and just win.

The problem is we're stuck in the first Clubber Lang fight right after Mick dies. Or we're Apollo preparing for Ivan Drago.

Either way, we're stuck in our own Groundhog Day and we need to break free to the part where we're hoisting the Lombardi and giving the speech after Rocky beats Drago "if i can change, and youse can change, we all can change".

Maybe we need to work out in Russia or something. And play some of that Rocky soundtrack at the stadium.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well......the best “feel good movies” usually start with struggles.....and are only victorious at the end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I try to think more in terms of Rocky.

The fans are Adrianne, telling the team that they can't win.

And in the end, the team is supposed be Rocky and just win.

The problem is we're stuck in the first Clubber Lang fight right after Mick dies. Or we're Apollo preparing for Ivan Drago.

Either way, we're stuck in our own Groundhog Day and we need to break free to the part where we're hoisting the Lombardi and giving the speech after Rocky beats Drago "if i can change, and youse can change, we all can change".

Maybe we need to work out in Russia or something. And play some of that Rocky soundtrack at the stadium.
    If this is Rocky 3, what fight is game 1 of the season equivalent to?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    If the players don’t execute across the board sir then it’s the coaches that didn’t have them ready...and that Boils down to the head Coach that didn’t have them ready....nor is Tomlin good at having a game plan ready against BB....BB new Tomlin was going to approach with same thing that beat them last year in a meaningless game.....so predictable...
    Believe what you want. Obviously the people in charge understand. That's why our head coach still has a job.
    When players drop balls, fail to block, miss open wrs, fail to tackle, ect then that's on the players. I saw a bunch of player mistakes last night. Most of the blame falls on the players when they don't do their jobs.

It was one bad game. You know what? Bad games happen. It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time.

Legend

User Info Menu

This. I thought out key to winning was getting pressure up the middle against a line that was supposed to be ill prepared due to injuries.
    People that continue to defend Dupree just are not watching. Dude was single blocked by a rookie LT entire game. He is an average OLB while this defense needs a gamechanger. Give credit to Watt, who was double teamed often and still made the QB shuffle in the pocket.
    For what the Steelers are paying him, they aren't getting good value.