Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relax guys

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Pfft, this loss is mostly on the players just a poor performance, blown coverages, dropped passes, recievers can,t get open. I didnt think the gameplan was bad it was the sameplan we beat them with last time, we didnt execute.
    Yep. The games boil down to execution by the players. Coaches look bad when their players don't execute.

It was a bad game. Only time will tell if this team can get it's act together.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If the players don’t execute across the board sir then it’s the coaches that didn’t have them ready...and that Boils down to the head Coach that didn’t have them ready....nor is Tomlin good at having a game plan ready against BB....BB new Tomlin was going to approach with same thing that beat them last year in a meaningless game.....so predictable...

Legend

User Info Menu

Pfft, this loss is mostly on the players just a poor performance, blown coverages, dropped passes, recievers can,t get open. I didnt think the gameplan was bad it was the sameplan we beat them with last time, we didnt execute.
    i seriously doubt it was the same gameplan that we beat them with last time.. at least on offense. you see the rushing stats this game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Our WRs sucked. Looked like the Bengals game last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    If the players don’t execute across the board sir then it’s the coaches that didn’t have them ready...and that Boils down to the head Coach that didn’t have them ready....nor is Tomlin good at having a game plan ready against BB....BB new Tomlin was going to approach with same thing that beat them last year in a meaningless game.....so predictable...
    Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Where was the pass rush?? I know we can talk about the offense all day but where was this pass rush that looked so good in the last couple of preseason games? In the first quarter of the game, where was it? Pats O-line was supposedly banged up; you'd think we could exploit that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that's exactly the problem. It was the same game plan. The Pats* adapted. The Steelers did not.

A great example - man coverage was really successful last game. So the Pats* put a guy in motion to ID the coverage and then ran little pick plays all game long. The Steelers were not disguising their coverages.

The Pats* were prepared for the counter play that worked well last year. The Steelers did not have an answer.

The Steelers were outcoached and outschemed. They were also outplayed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Where was the pass rush?? I know we can talk about the offense all day but where was this pass rush that looked so good in the last couple of preseason games? In the first quarter of the game, where was it? Pats O-line was supposedly banged up; you'd think we could exploit that.
    Great question. Watt was doubled all night. The rest of the group needed to step up and nobody really did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Everyone focuses on Dupree but whet was Heyward and Tuitt?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This. I thought out key to winning was getting pressure up the middle against a line that was supposed to be ill prepared due to injuries.