Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire Everyone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Iíll wait for the results of the next 15 games to discuss.
    This. 10 chars

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    This thread is a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's humiliation (and I'm completely fine with venting threads!)

But say we continue to stink up the joint and go 6-10. Would any coaches get fired?
    Both coordinators for sure (unless Ben saves his buddy Fitchner).

But if we go 6-10, and it's a team effort (instead of just a terrible kicker or something) maybe it's a total regime change (HC, OC, DC, QB, etc).

But FWIW, I don't think there's much chance we go 6-10 unless (1) Ben get's hurt or (2) Ben regresses hard. He's not the QB we think he is if we only win 6 games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It's been this way for years now; so who's responsible for the starting QB not being prepared to play at the start of the season for years now?
    I think that the HC bears some responsibility for this (assuming that he actually has the power to play the starting QB more in the pre-season).

But, how can you argue that the majority of the responsibility for "the starting QB not being prepared" doesn't fall on the starting QB?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I think everyone is starting to see just how incredible Brown was for us. You could just feel his absence, the lack of ability, energy, and football wits that was on the field without him. Itís just sad. And no oneís fault.

But, Insult to injury is on us. Bringing in a known hack journeyman like Moncrief and pretending it would work is maddening.

Brady and Brown are going to absolutely destroy NFL defenses this year. Super Bowl odds have to be 1:1.
    I agree with this. Elite talent is the most important thing in pro-sports IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that the HC bears some responsibility for this (assuming that he actually has the power to play the starting QB more in the pre-season).

But, how can you argue that the majority of the responsibility for "the starting QB not being prepared" doesn't fall on the starting QB?
    A lot of Steele fans refuse to blame a vet like Ben for his terrible play.

They often point to Brady and Bellicheat but Brady works his tail off and is always looking for an advantage.

Ben? We congratulate him if he loses a few pounds in the offseason.

Heís a sand lot player and had a lot of success but with new WRís you canít hold the ball and point guys open.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Itís a problem when he has 6 catches for 29 yards. Thatís pathetic. Dude doesnít get upfield and is scared.

He does catch it but it doesnít really help our offense stay on the field.
    Youíre right letís get Moncrief more balls to drop his 3 Receptions for 7 yards on 10 targets with five drops really put us over the top.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

If it makes you happy, Ben looked like he couldnt give 2 shlts last night.....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If it makes you happy, Ben looked like he couldnt give 2 shlts last night.....
    Yeah noticed that too....no ****s given is what he looked like

Legend

User Info Menu

ive never seen that look on his face before. retirement might be near

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldnt be disappointed if he hung it up and we started fresh with Mason and a new HC and DC...
    I don't care what color our next HC is, but we need a fresh start if Ben retires
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.