Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fire Everyone

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I wouldnt be disappointed if he hung it up and we started fresh with Mason and a new HC and DC...
    I don't care what color our next HC is, but we need a fresh start if Ben retires
    Agreed ben needs to retire, hes off more than hes on now these days . You can see it bright as day

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    A lot of Steele fans refuse to blame a vet like Ben for his terrible play.

They often point to Brady and Bellicheat but Brady works his tail off and is always looking for an advantage.

Ben? We congratulate him if he loses a few pounds in the offseason.

He’s a sand lot player and had a lot of success but with new WR’s you can’t hold the ball and point guys open.
    ben was 2 of 12 on throws over 10 yards.. until very late in the game.. no doubt he was part of the problem last week

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben needs to be better. Actually with this WR corp, he needs to be a lot better. Maybe instead of throwing the ball, he can run out 15 yards and hand the ball to Moncrief. Dante should be able to hold onto at least 50% of them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    ben was 2 of 12 on throws over 10 yards.. until very late in the game.. no doubt he was part of the problem last week
    I don’t know if Ben was trying to help Moncrief or break him.

Just seems like at some point you have to stop throwing his direction.

Maybe he is hurt but his catch rate in Jacksonville was 54%.

I was worried about our WR’s and so far they haven’t shown me they are ready.

I also think folks on here downplayed elite talent at skill positions. Ben can’t make average WR’s into dynamic play makers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Does it seem to anyone else that Ben is often trying to complete low percentage passes? The ones where you have to have perfect timing, dropping the ball over a shoulder. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just perception, but when I watch Brady and Brees, they seem to throw easier passes to complete, more often. It could be because they make it look easier. Whatever the case, Ben's timing with his receivers seems to take a long time to dial in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t know if Ben was trying to help Moncrief or break him.

Just seems like at some point you have to stop throwing his direction.

Maybe he is hurt but his catch rate in Jacksonville was 54%.

I was worried about our WR’s and so far they haven’t shown me they are ready.

I also think folks on here downplayed elite talent at skill positions. Ben can’t make average WR’s into dynamic play makers.
    How many teams have more elite talent than us?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    NE
    KC
    Houston
    San Diego
    Cleveland

Dallas
    Philly
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    LA Rams
    New Orleans
    Atlanta

Those are all almost definite. One could argue for other teams also (Seattle, Carolina, etc)

Banned

User Info Menu

When I looked at the Texans last night , just seeing Hopkins, Fuller and Stills shows you why their so explosive.
    J.J. Watt is done thou...
    He's living on past glory.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    J.J. Watt is done thou...
    He's living on past glory.

Dude was consistently double-teamed last night (much like his brother was the night before).

After completely dominating the league for his first 5 seasons, his 2016 and 2017 were severely limited by injury, but he bounced back last year with another 16 sack season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think this might come down to what elite means.

If it's something like top 10% of starters at a position, I'm not sure we have anyone who classifies as elite anymore.

I think that AB and Bell were in that category at their peak. Maybe Ben at his peak (but I don't know if he's ever been a top 3 guy, maybe he was behind only Brady and Manning at some point). Maybe JuJu if we think "starters" includes 3 WRs / team.

On D...maybe Heyward (if he counts as a DT). Hopefully Watt, but I don't think he's there yet.

Who do you think we have on the current roster that's "elite"? And how do you define elite?