Cleveland

Dallas
    Philly
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    LA Rams
    New Orleans
    Atlanta

Those are all almost definite. One could argue for other teams also (Seattle, Carolina, etc)
    I'm not seeing it.
    I don't see any team that superior to ours. I see a list of teams with comparable skill guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think this might come down to what elite means.

If it's something like top 10% of starters at a position, I'm not sure we have anyone who classifies as elite anymore.

I think that AB and Bell were in that category at their peak. Maybe Ben at his peak (but I don't know if he's ever been a top 3 guy, maybe he was behind only Brady and Manning at some point). Maybe JuJu if we think "starters" includes 3 WRs / team.

On D...maybe Heyward (if he counts as a DT). Hopefully Watt, but I don't think he's there yet.

Who do you think we have on the current roster that's "elite"? And how do you define elite?
    My definition is going to be different than anybody else's.
    I don't use the term elite for any player.
    I can however use top 5 or top 10 as a measuring stick for talent levels. Based on that, I say this team has, and had, more talent than most teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    NE
    KC
    Houston
    San Diego
    Cleveland

Dallas
    Philly
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    LA Rams
    New Orleans
    Atlanta

Those are all almost definite. One could argue for other teams also (Seattle, Carolina, etc)
    I would take Atlanta and Green Bay off that list

I think we had elite talent at one point with the Killer B’s, Shazier and Heyward but I think our D doesn’t have elite talent at any position right now. Good players but no game changers yet. Watt, Bush, Hargrave and maybe a healthy Tuitt definitely have a chance to return us to glory with some good play this year.

Offense it’s JuJu (hopefully) and maybe Ben if he can get these WR’s on the same page.

I just think folks were so bitter at AB and Bell that they lied to themselves and said they were only successful because of the players around them.

What some fail to realize is elite players make other players look better as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we just start over? When you have guys like Chickillo and Moncrief making your roster, something is wrong.

Banned

User Info Menu

Moncrief is a big , big disappointment. I was wrong about him. But the rookie needs to start next week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Can we just start over? When you have guys like Chickillo and Moncrief making your roster, something is wrong.
    Yep, push the reset button. This team stinks. The only thing worth watching now is how Rudolph grows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yep, push the reset button. This team stinks. The only thing worth watching now is how Rudolph grows.
    Maybe we can go 0-16?

Legend

User Info Menu

If we go 0-16 we'll just grab another #1 pick on defense and then claim we have a lack of talent

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe we can go 0-16?
    and draft Chase Young.