Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The only thing that cures this endless debate is winning. It's time to win! Hopefully we can start this weekend.
    Amen to that!
    Talent vs coaching: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14?highlight=Northern_Blitz+Sean+Peyton[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5?highlight=Northern_Blitz+playoff+wins+peyton[/url]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did Tomlin really need to say we werenít prepared after that beating?

It was obvious. Itís also just one game.

Not sure why Tomlin would say he made a million adjustments after halftime.

Both coaches were lying. Why would the Pats adjust when we couldnít stop them?

We got whooped. The end.

But there are still 15 games left.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Amen to that!
    Dude. We could win the next 4 games and folks will still talk about the Pats beatdown like it was a 4 game losing streak.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Boom......

Tomlin himself said they were not prepared.
    i'm not sure about the others, but, that was pretty obvious... anyone disputing that they weren't prepared isn't being realistic.

now, having said that, i still have my own personal opinion on what REALLY happened and caused wasted years... His name is Todd Haley. Whoever decided to fire Arians and hire Haley wasted several prime years of Ben's career while NFL rules where changing in favor of offensive players.

With Arians, they were in 2 of 3 Super Bowls. His final year was the Broncos playoff debacle... Not sure how Arians got scapegoated for that.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i'm not sure about the others, but, that was pretty obvious... anyone disputing that they weren't prepared isn't being realistic.

now, having said that, i still have my own personal opinion on what REALLY happened and caused wasted years... His name is Todd Haley. Whoever decided to fire Arians and hire Haley wasted several prime years of Ben's career while NFL rules where changing in favor of offensive players.

With Arians, they were in 2 of 3 Super Bowls. His final year was the Broncos playoff debacle... Not sure how Arians got scapegoated for that.
    Go back and take a closer look SoD; scoring by the offense was in continual decline at the end with Arians. Defenses figured him out and the QB was being killed sitting in the pocket for the long developing pass routes. It's also what got him booted out of Indy. Watch what happens to Winston in TB this season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

Nah. Haley got Ben to realize he could throw the ball quickly.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Not prepared. How is tht even remotely acceptable? What makes matters worse is that is hardly the first time.

How could they not be prepared? They had the entire off-season.
    It's not like they didnt have months to get prepared. Isn't preparation one of the key elements of coaching? Lol.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Go back and take a closer look SoD; scoring by the offense was in continual decline at the end with Arians. Defenses figured him out and the QB was being killed sitting in the pocket for the long developing pass routes. It's also what got him booted out of Indy. Watch what happens to Winston in TB this season.
    booted out of Indy?

he won coach of the year on an interim basis.

he went to coach arizona when pagano came back from taking time off to deal with his leukemia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Dude. We could win the next 4 games and folks will still talk about the Pats beatdown like it was a 4 game losing streak.
    cant be happy unless they are unhappy