Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    JH, is bitter that Tomlin did not let him compete for pt his last season. He has said as much, the reason why he wanted out.
    JH was right and I was critical of Tomlin about it for years, through the J Jones years.

That said, “disgruntled former employee” ain’t the source of an unbiased take any more so than Browns hate on Ben.

The first coach that realized JH potential was not Cowher.

You wanna talk “Cowhers players”?
    Harrison was one of MANY Cowher players that were BETTER under Tomlin.
    Harrison is probably responsible for the way AB conducted himself at the end of his time with the Steelers. Harrison probably planted the seeds for AB's behavior and made AB want to go play with the Pats. I wouldn't welcome either player back to the Steelers for any team functions if I were the ownership. They were far from professionals at the end of their careers with the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowher, Cowher. Cowher... lmao.

You guys just can’t let it go.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 09-16-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Stop bringing in facts. We are suppose to be ball washing our HC right now. LOL
    How do you ask the board to post respectfully and then bring up ball washing Tomlin on the same freaking day???

Lmao.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    His last year coaching the Steelers Cowher was 8-8. Tomlin's first year he went 10-6 'with Cowher's players'. So he did more with Cowher's players than Cowher did.
    What does that have to do with you saying he didn't win anything his last few years?
    He won the super bowl....

BTW, how did Tomlin do the year after he won the super bowl with cowhers players?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

bill lombardi lol

maybe if cowher was so great he would have realized drafting a drew brees instead of casey hampton would be better for the franchise

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

BTW, how did Tomlin do the year after he won the super bowl with cowhers players?
    Lmao. You sound pathetic

How did a coach do a year after he won a SB?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Lmao. You sound pathetic

How did a coach do a year after he won a SB?
    Pathetic is you not able to follow along with this thread...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Pathetic is you not able to follow along with this thread...
    Pathetic is constantly talking about Tomlin winning a SB with Cowhers players.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    His last year coaching the Steelers Cowher was 8-8. Tomlin's first year he went 10-6 'with Cowher's players'. So he did more with Cowher's players than Cowher did.
    How quickly we forget the facts. After winning the Super Bowl, Ben decided to kiss a windshield at 40 mph along with having an appendectomy a week before the season would start. With the hangover and the distraction we started 2-6. Cowher turned the ship around and got us to an 8-8 finish. Also, we don't know where he was mentally with his wife Kaye and did he know about her having cancer? I think if Cowher sticks it out another 10 years we beat GB for ring number 7 and possibly two more in the Ben era and two less for the Pats. Since 2010 when most of Cowhers players left is when this team became average at best under Tomlin and I attribute that to having a franchise QB that won despite Tomlin. So I believe Ben has never had a losing season and Tomlin is just a by product of that.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    bill lombardi lol

maybe if cowher was so great he would have realized drafting a drew brees instead of casey hampton would be better for the franchise
    Now we rag on "Big Snack?" I would take the Cowher years over this **** any day. I would rather get to the AFCCG and lose than not make the playoffs.