Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

Starter

User Info Menu

It's the Arkansas State trio, running the show. Tomlin, Fichtner, and Butler all started together at Ark State. None will go until all 3 go.

Tomlin has 3 years left, as does Ben and Pouncey on their contracts. As long as Ben is here Tomlin is here. When Ben and Pouncey retires I look for Tomlin to retire. Just a hunch I have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm willing to watch more than one game before making any sort of predictions or scream from the rooftops for a rolling of heads. But, what I'll say is this, if we miss the playoffs again this season I do believe Tomlin will be on the hotseat.
    agreed... but, it's hard to fire the 2nd winningest coach presently in the league after an 0-1 start - particularly when the winningest coach has the GOAT at QB. I dunno, maybe they'll go get a better coach like Whiz or something
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I donít understand this idea that we win in spite of Tomlin and lose because of him.

Thatís a great way of saying you donít like him.

We win and lose with Tomlin. Itís not like he is out there missing tackles and trying his best to make sure we donít win games.

The guy is second on the list of active coaches in winning percentage. No one is that lucky to have that much success.

How about just admitting we canít win in NE and calling it a day.

Iím not giving up on him but I wonít lie, this offense looks like we may finally have that first losing season..

or maybe NE is that much better than we are right now.
    there's a very "common sense" answer.... and honestly, the whole league has trouble beating NE... we're all just pissed cuz we're the Rockets during the Jordan era... will this Brady mofo retire already! LOL

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    there's a very "common sense" answer.... and honestly, the whole league has trouble beating NE... we're all just pissed cuz we're the Rockets during the Jordan era... will this Brady mofo retire already! LOL
    I cant't remember. Where the Rockets loaded with talent and couldn't make the playoffs or got beat by a lesser team before they could face the Bulls?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I cant't remember. Where the Rockets loaded with talent and couldn't make the playoffs or got beat by a lesser team before they could face the Bulls?
    heavens nooooo... the rockets NEVER lost to a lesser team... neither did they bulls. they went 82-0 every season, of coiurse </sarcasm>

in any event, Jordan retired for 2 years and the rockets won back-to-back... when Jordan came back they bulls 3-peated again.

like i said earlier, i imagine that minus Brady, the Steelers would have 4-5 SB during Ben's era... that's the most frustrating part... we'd be flirting with double-digit SB wins by now.

but, ya know... blame Tomlin for not coming up with a way to beat the Jordan and Phil Jackson of his era if it makes you feel better...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Coaches with a winning record in the playoffs (minimum 15 games)

Bill Belicheck
    John Harbaugh
    Pete Carroll
    Mike Tomlin
    end
    of
    list

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    For those defending Tomlin, what do you think will happen to this team if he weren't the HC?
    Fewer wins per season and maybe Ben retiring.

Being a winning NFL coach is hard so firing a good one after one game for emotional reasons with no succession plan seems foolish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yup. We win next week or at least look like we practiced and I will feel better.

The Pats have AB now... seriously. It’s not even fair.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Fewer wins per season and maybe Ben retiring.

Being a winning NFL coach is hard so firing a good one after one game for emotional reasons with no succession plan seems foolish.
    Or maybe we actually get a few playoff wins?

Starter

User Info Menu

heavens nooooo... the rockets NEVER lost to a lesser team... neither did they bulls. they went 82-0 every season, of coiurse </sarcasm>

in any event, Jordan retired for 2 years and the rockets won back-to-back... when Jordan came back they bulls 3-peated again.

like i said earlier, i imagine that minus Brady, the Steelers would have 4-5 SB during Ben's era... that's the most frustrating part... we'd be flirting with double-digit SB wins by now.

but, ya know... blame Tomlin for not coming up with a way to beat the Jordan and Phil Jackson of his era if it makes you feel better...
    4 or 5?
    The Steelers lost to lesser teams before they could face the Pats.
    Pretend that new England knocked them out every year if that makes you feel better.