Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 692

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

  1. #71
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Well we've won 3 playoff games in 8 years. And those 3 were against Miami (who had a backup QB), KC, and Cincy (who literally handed the game to us). I realize to you that is impressive, especially with multiple Hall of Famers up and down the roster.

    But to me, someone else may be able to do a tad better
    Do you think our QB is any good?

    Or is he a guy that can only win SBs with a dominant D and now only wins playoff games against back up QBs?

    I think single elimination tournaments are a bad tool to make important decisions.

    And I consistently apply the same standard to the HC and the QB (though I think the QB has more impact on the game)
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.

  2. #72
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    if tomlin said that himself...i am wondering why a few folks on here are still wanting to pin this loss solely on the players?
    No one is trying to pin the loss solely on the players. That's a straw man argument.

  3. #73
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Very obvious.
    Enlighten us. What is this obvious reason (for doing a thing literally no one is doing)?

  4. #74
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Coaches with a winning record in the playoffs (minimum 15 games)

    Bill Belicheck
    John Harbaugh
    Pete Carroll
    Mike Tomlin
    end
    of
    list
    get those facts out of here! we're trying to justify firing the guy we like to call an overpaid janitor... don't need any proof that this is one of the better teams in the league, cuz that would hurt our argument
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 09-10-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #75
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Tomlin is the regular season runner up champ.....yipppeee


    "ya know whut I'm sayin'?"

  6. #76
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    get those facts out of here! we're trying to justify firing the guy we like to call an overpaid janitor... don't need any proof that this is one of the better teams in the league, cuz that would hurt our argument
    How is an overpaid janitor right behind Billicheat for most active wins?

  7. #77
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    How is an overpaid janitor right behind Billicheat for most active wins?
    Among active coaches, Andy Reid is second in wins.

  8. #78
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    How is an overpaid janitor right behind Billicheat for most active wins?
    geez, i cant believe there are fans that arent happy with 3 playoff wins in 8 years........

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Among active coaches, Andy Reid is second in wins.
    Well, Reid has been an NFL coach since 1999, while Tomlin has been a head coach since 2007.

    Tomlin’s winning percentage of .642 is second to only Belichick’s .686 among active coaches, well ahead of Reid’s .601 win percentage.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  10. #80
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, Reid has been an NFL coach since 1999, while Tomlin has been a head coach since 2007.

    Tomlin’s winning percentage of .642 is second to only Belichick’s .686 among active coaches, well ahead of Reid’s .601 win percentage.
    Thank you. I meant % not wins.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •