Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 692

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

  1. #31
    Legend

    User Info Menu


  2. #32
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I'm over the no losing seasons and second best regular season record argument. Those are valid coaching metrics, I get that. Regular season success doesn't do it for me. I can't remember the last time I felt Tomlin helped win a game. I feel like we've won in spite of Tomlin - terrible at challenges, poor clock management, doesn't seem to have his team prepared too often, playing down to lesser competition. Hell, he even said they weren't "prepared for prime time." Prime time? They weren't prepared to play football, and had 8 months to prepare! If that's really the case, that falls on him. It's on the players to execute, but Tomlin's admission is that he didn't have them prepared.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    And everyone else is behind Tomlin. What's your point?
    This is true.

    Iíve been a huge Tomlin defender but will admit, I wouldnít be mad if we moved on sooner than later.

    Not because I think he is a bad coach. I just think Tomlin hitched his wagon to Ben and IMO that wagon is getting ready to roll into the sunset.

    Maybe he catches lightening in a bottle but I think this new team that gets along great in the locker room may stink on the football field.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I'm over the no losing seasons and second best regular season record argument. Those are valid coaching metrics, I get that. Regular season success doesn't do it for me. I can't remember the last time I felt Tomlin helped win a game. I feel like we've won in spite of Tomlin - terrible at challenges, poor clock management, doesn't seem to have his team prepared too often, playing down to lesser competition. Hell, he even said they weren't "prepared for prime time." Prime time? They weren't prepared to play football, and had 8 months to prepare! If that's really the case, that falls on him. It's on the players to execute, but Tomlin's admission is that he didn't have them prepared.
    I don’t understand this idea that we win in spite of Tomlin and lose because of him.

    That’s a great way of saying you don’t like him.

    We win and lose with Tomlin. It’s not like he is out there missing tackles and trying his best to make sure we don’t win games.

    The guy is second on the list of active coaches in winning percentage. No one is that lucky to have that much success.

    How about just admitting we can’t win in NE and calling it a day.

    I’m not giving up on him but I won’t lie, this offense looks like we may finally have that first losing season..

    or maybe NE is that much better than we are right now.

  5. #35
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    For those defending Tomlin, what do you think will happen to this team if he weren't the HC?

  6. #36
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    For those defending Tomlin, what do you think will happen to this team if he wasn't the HC?

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    For those defending Tomlin, what do you think will happen to this team if he wasn't the HC?
    This year? With this roster?

    I think the best a new coach could do is 6-10.

    Why? Well, not to be that guy but Ben is difficult to coach. What new coach can come in and work with Ben and gain his respect and have him buy in?

    What new HC can make this WR corps better than they are right now?

    What HC can get this defense out of its own way?

    Granted, this is all based on last nights terrible showing but isn’t that what all these negative post are based on?

    Reality’s be that we are a 12-4 team (I doubt it) who just got exposed by the best team in the league.

  8. #38
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I guess I have come to the realization that the NE Patriots are just a better ran, coached, and have better players and system than we do. The trio of Kraft, Belicheck, and Brady have an insatiable appetite to win. Look at Brady, 42-years old, 6-Lombardi's and his thirst for more is unquenched. When he was on the sidle-line he was huddled with Josh McDaniels (up over 20 points) reviewing the notes and plays in-game. The score wasn't nearly indicative of how lop-sided this game was.

    The old saying goes: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expectiong different results. Until something major changes (and I doubt it will) expect more of the same. We still stand a decent chance at the North title but there is no way we knock off NE with this current crew. I accept that.

    It's odd to me, last year the Ravens brass told Harbaugh he was being replaced at years end. He went and ran 7 or 8 straight victories and got into the playoffs. To me there is little to no accountability from the coaches tot he very last player on the roster.


    A little off topic but a few years back I was watching a game with Peyton Manning at QB. We went something like 7for7 on the opening drive and knocked it in for a TD. It was a near perfect flawless drive. While him team was on defense he was huddled with the OC reviewing the previous plays. Oddly, all I ever see frm Ben is him standing on the sideline, baseball hat on backwards with his arms folded. Maybe a little in-game coaching would help, if Brady and Manning can do it, so can Ben.

    Keep in mind, this was a tough ask, first game and all, but to me the performance, execution, and planning were not there.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 09-09-2019 at 05:05 PM.

  9. #39
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I guess I have come to the realization that the NE Patriots are just a better ran, coached, and have better players and system than we do. The trio of Kraft, Belicheck, and Brady have an insatiable appetite to win. Look at Brady, 42-years old, 6-Lombardi's and his thirst for more is unquenched. When he was on the sidle-line he was huddled with Josh McDaniels (up over 20 points) reviewing the notes and plays in-game. The score wasn't nearly indicative of how lop-sided this game was.

    The old saying goes: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expectiong different results. Until something major changes (and I doubt it will) expect more of the same. We still stand a decent chance at the North title but there is no way we knock off NE with this current crew. I accept that.

    It's odd to me, last year the Ravens brass told Harbaugh he was being replaced at years end. He went and ran 7 or 8 straight victories and got into the playoffs. To me there is little to no accountability from the coaches tot he very last player on the roster.


    A little off topic but a few years back I was watching a game with Peyton Manning at QB. We went something like 7for7 on the opening drive and knocked it in for a TD. It was a near perfect flawless drive. While him team was on defense he was huddled with the OC reviewing the previous plays. Oddly, all I ever see frm Ben is him standing on the sideline, baseball hat on backwards with his arms folded. Maybe a little in-game coaching would help, if Brady and Manning can do it, so can Ben.

    Keep in mind, this was a tough ask, first game and all, but to me the performance, execution, and planning were not there.
    Good post.

    Didn’t Ben get his nick name because he stunk in practice but played big in games?

    Ben is comfortable. Too comfortable.

    He isn’t being pushed or challenged by the staff.

  10. #40
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Good post.

    Didnít Ben get his nick name because he stunk in practice but played big in games?

    Ben is comfortable. Too comfortable.

    He isnít being pushed or challenged by the staff.

    I think Finchtner was a poor choice for OC. It seems like if the running game isnt dominating at the start its revert to 5wide and let Ben figure it out. Not , 'lets make some changes' and remain balanced. I think I has a clueless look on his face and sounds clueless when he speaks because he actually is clueless.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •