Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mike Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    So wins are because of Ben and losses are on Tomlin?

How can you not see how the argument doesn't make sense?
    I say it makes sense sometimes and not others.

We want easy answers, but it’s hard to figure out who’s responsible. Ben, Tomlin, Colbert, Rooney, etc.

Its a little of everyone and a little of no one.

Plus we’re in the era of instant gratification and we have no patience to let anything play out ever.

Then again, this has been playing out a long time. And it’s still confusing sometimes and we often just react and say a bunch of non sequiturs that make little sense ever.

And we’re probably better off living in our hopes and trying to find new ones when they don’t pan out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So wins are because of Ben and losses are on Tomlin?

How can you not see how the argument doesn't make sense?
    it's not really hard to understand

I put alot more weight on Ben's influence than i do on tomlins on both the games they win and the ones they lose

Ben would have won games with or without mike tomlin. put tomlin somewhere without Ben and he is totally average at best

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    it's not really hard to understand

I put alot more weight on Ben's influence than i do on tomlins on both the games they win and the ones they lose

Ben would have won games with or without mike tomlin. put tomlin somewhere without Ben and he is totally average at best
    So... I agree that good Ben (and the elite D) was more important for the SB wins than Tomlin was.

But, the other side of that coin is that bad Ben (and a subpar D) are more responsible than Tomlin for the losses.

I think the best way to test your idea that Tomlin doesn't matter to wins because he has Ben is to look at how other coaches with similar QBs have faired in the playoffs and regular season.

Generally Tomlin is as good or better in reg and post season than other coaches except BB and coaches with franchise QBs on rookie deals.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My post specifically says when I think we fire him (if he does not retire first).

The benifit of your straw man is that it's easier to argue against, right?
    So you're saying we should hang onto Tomlin until Ben retires and we fully rebuild. Interesting. Will Tomlin then be the only coach in NFL history to have a hall of fame quarterback every single year of his coaching career?

Personally I want to see him coach a few years after Ben retires. Let's see what he's made of then. Not many guys get to coach a hall of fame QB, hall of fame WR, possible HOF RB, HOF linemen, etc. I want to see what he does with mediocre talent. We've seen what he can do with elite talent (not much)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So... I agree that good Ben (and the elite D) was more important for the SB wins than Tomlin was.

But, the other side of that coin is that bad Ben (and a subpar D) are more responsible than Tomlin for the losses.

I think the best way to test your idea that Tomlin doesn't matter to wins because he has Ben is to look at how other coaches with similar QBs have faired in the playoffs and regular season.

Generally Tomlin is as good or better in reg and post season than other coaches except BB and coaches with franchise QBs on rookie deals.
    How many of those coaches are still NFL coaches of those teams?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    So you're saying we should hang onto Tomlin until Ben retires and we fully rebuild. Interesting. Will Tomlin then be the only coach in NFL history to have a hall of fame quarterback every single year of his coaching career?

Personally I want to see him coach a few years after Ben retires. Let's see what he's made of then. Not many guys get to coach a hall of fame QB, hall of fame WR, possible HOF RB, HOF linemen, etc. I want to see what he does with mediocre talent. We've seen what he can do with elite talent (not much)
    Sean Payton and Brees have been together since 2006.

No one ever talks about how Seam Payton has underachieved with Drew Brees.

I wonder why?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Northcoast..that's not true. Tomlin has wasted our window for the last 8 years. Your talking like these are knee jerk reactions.
    I'm as "non-video game generation " as you are. He's spun his wheels for nearly a decade now. And it's not been the Patriots who've repeatedly knocked him out. It's been Broncos, Ravens, Jaguars over and over again. Patriots have only knocked us out once during that period.

I know change is scary and uncomfortable. We all know that. But Tomlin is who he is at 12 years in. For the most part, he isn't changing and how he runs his team isn't changing. And it's not working; especially in the post-season.
    Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

I wonder why?
    He has underachieved... Just not as much as Tomlin.

TEBOW, BORTLES... Should I go on?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

I wonder why?
    Of course he's underachieved. I'm also not sure how many HOFers besides Brees that he's had

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm ready for a change... we know what the brass has currently and time for a new crew