Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Play calling and conservative offense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Play calling and conservative offense

This is such a lame game plan. Go out and beat them, because you're going to have to outscore them.

So many failed short yardage situations

Either bombs or short yardage passes. Mix it up - Use the mid-range passing game, too.

This seems to be a multi-year transition culminating in this version of the offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    This is such a lame game plan. Go out and beat them, because you're going to have to outscore them.

So many failed short yardage situations

Either bombs or short yardage passes. Mix it up - Use the mid-range passing game, too.

This seems to be a multi-year transition culminating in this version of the offense

Kicking a FG from the 1 yard line was giving up and not even trying.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    my exact thoughts, Tomlin seems to be living in his fears...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    my exact thoughts, Tomlin seems to be living in his fears...
    Yep...... but as long as he can win against non- playoff teams, posters will defend him. He can’t win big/ playoff games anymore. Please refer to my signature for an accurate assessment of Tomlin the last 8 years.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yep...... but as long as he can win against non- playoff teams, posters will defend him. He can’t win big/ playoff games anymore. Please refer to my signature for an accurate assessment of Tomlin the last 8 years.
    Why do you think it matters, or anyone cares? We're the Steelers! We invented the Rooney Rule! 20 years from now, we won't have any more super bowls, but liberals will look at us as social warriors!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Why do you think it matters, or anyone cares? We're the Steelers! We invented the Rooney Rule! 20 years from now, we won't have any more super bowls, but liberals will look at us as social warriors!
    Liberal here, dude. We're all for equality. We're not for promoting incompetence in the name of equality, though.
    Nothing wrong with the Rooney rule. Make sure to interview people. Just make sure also to hire the *best* person you interviewed.

Tomlin was OK for a while -- he likely didn't rock the boat much and knew how to win with a good team. But after 2010 he's been a disaster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We won't win super Bowls because of the Rooney Rule?

Legend

User Info Menu

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahhaahhahahaahhaaha ha..BOOM!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This. We look stupid. And are playing worse.

A complete embarrassment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah..and it hurt how they gave up too. Just hurt in my gut.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN