Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questionable 3rd Down Calls

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Where was McDonald last night? I didn’t watch the entire game because I wanted more than 5 hours of sleep but did he ever even throw to a tight end????
    Last drive he got a few passes for stat padding purposes.

IMO it felt like Ben was trying to prove we didn’t need AB because we had weapons and kept forcing it to Moncrief.

Dude was trash. Maybe if we threw to our TE early it may have moved the chains and kept them honest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

IMO it felt like Ben was trying to prove we didn’t need AB because we had weapons and kept forcing it to Moncrief.

Dude was trash. Maybe if we threw to our TE early it may have moved the chains and kept them honest.
    I was posting during the game that I wondered if we even had a tight end. I can't fathom how it was possible that we didn't use Vance in the passing game, before the game was out of reach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    McDonald had two catches with about a minute left. Meaningless to say the least.
    thanks I had shut it off long before then. I can’t remember the last time they’ve under utilized a TE this badly in a game........

honestly can get get Haley back as the play caller??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

thanks I guess we’ve found out since Ben doesn’t have AB to force it to, he’s let Moncrief temporarily take his place. Great

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know if this is the case, but it would totally be a Ben thing to do (a la QB sneaks).