Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Browns to the SB....Hahhahaaa

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns were in their game at the start of the 4th quarter. We were dead in the water at the end of the first quarter.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sad that only one team was more humiliated than us yesterday. And that team is in the cheaters' division.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFLPA contacts NFL after beer thrown at Titans

ESPN

The NFL Players Association said Monday it has contacted NFL security after Tennessee Titans cornerback Logan Ryan complained on Twitter about a fan spraying beer on him at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday.

A fan wearing a Baker Mayfield jersey doused Ryan and some of his teammates with beer after they celebrated Malcolm Butler's pick-six at the wall behind the end zone. Butler's touchdown capped the scoring in the Titans' 43-13 rout of the Browns.

Ryan tweeted about the incident Monday and tagged the NFLPA, drawing the attention of the players' union.

Ryan also addressed the incident Monday in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio.

"In this day and age it's ridiculous," he said in the interview. "I understand that we play football. I understand that we're modern-day gladiators. I understand that fans feel like they can yell and say and degrade, whatever, but you know, we're human beings.

"And I think in society nowadays that's, with everything going on and everybody deserving their rights, I think as a player to hop up over the rail and to have beer splashed in your face, and you're not allowed to respond. Fans are allowed to throw beer in our face and yell whatever they want to yell at us and there's no penalty?"

Last season, a fan at Gillette Stadium threw beer on Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and was later charged with disorderly conduct. The New England Patriots also banned the fan from the stadium.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-thrown-titans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    NFLPA contacts NFL after beer thrown at Titans

ESPN

The NFL Players Association said Monday it has contacted NFL security after Tennessee Titans cornerback Logan Ryan complained on Twitter about a fan spraying beer on him at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday.

A fan wearing a Baker Mayfield jersey doused Ryan and some of his teammates with beer after they celebrated Malcolm Butler's pick-six at the wall behind the end zone. Butler's touchdown capped the scoring in the Titans' 43-13 rout of the Browns.

Ryan tweeted about the incident Monday and tagged the NFLPA, drawing the attention of the players' union.

Ryan also addressed the incident Monday in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio.

"In this day and age it's ridiculous," he said in the interview. "I understand that we play football. I understand that we're modern-day gladiators. I understand that fans feel like they can yell and say and degrade, whatever, but you know, we're human beings.

"And I think in society nowadays that's, with everything going on and everybody deserving their rights, I think as a player to hop up over the rail and to have beer splashed in your face, and you're not allowed to respond. Fans are allowed to throw beer in our face and yell whatever they want to yell at us and there's no penalty?"

Last season, a fan at Gillette Stadium threw beer on Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and was later charged with disorderly conduct. The New England Patriots also banned the fan from the stadium.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-thrown-titans
    Good find. I remember feeling bad for him and then I also thought he probably shouldn’t have jumped in the stands in Cleveland.

Sometimes I also think crap happens and your best bet is to let it go. It did happen yesterday and I say move on to today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Evidence. May I submit to you kicking a "give up" field goal???? We all saw it. They gave up.
    That wasn't a give up call. That was taking points on the first drive of the second half to cut the lead to 17 points. Most coaches will take the points there with 2 quarters of football to be played. 17 points isn't insurmountable by any stretch, they didn't give up, there were sketchy play calls and some poor execution but no one gave up at that point in the game.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That wasn't a give up call. That was taking points on the first drive of the second half to cut the lead to 17 points. Most coaches will take the points there with 2 quarters of football to be played. 17 points isn't insurmountable by any stretch, they didn't give up, there were sketchy play calls and some poor execution but no one gave up at that point in the game.

Pappy
    There’s a legitimate argument to be made for taking points in that situation. But when you look at how the game had unfolded to that point, the fact it was 3rd and goal at the 1 and how it fell apart even worse after that - it’s just as hard not to question the decision.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    There’s a legitimate argument to be made for taking points in that situation. But when you look at how the game had unfolded to that point, the fact it was 3rd and goal at the 1 and how it fell apart even worse after that - it’s just as hard not to question the decision.
    Exactly..that was a "give up" field goal. You run Conner right up in there for the one yard TD chance.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Sad that only one team was more humiliated than us yesterday. And that team is in the cheaters' division.
    God Bless the Miami Dolphins!