Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Browns to the SB....Hahhahaaa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t see any reason to talk about the Browns when we open at New England. Just saying....
    very insightful indeed

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks Ernie; I'm glad someone sees the correlation of kettle calling the pot black.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The difference is the Browns were crowned by a lot of pundits. One sports guy even had them in the SB this year.

Most of those same people barely have us in the playoffs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    The difference is the Browns were crowned by a lot of pundits. One sports guy even had them in the SB this year.

Most of those same people barely have us in the playoffs.
    Would it surprise anyone if the Browns turned it around and swept us this year? Wouldn't surprise me.

Legend

User Info Menu

The difference is the Browns were playing TEN and the Steelers were playing NE.
    Apples and oranges

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The difference is the Browns were playing TEN and the Steelers were playing NE.
    Apples and oranges
    I get that; but we were the lowest scoring team of the week; and we quit. We quit. That trumps everything.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I get that; but we were the lowest scoring team of the week; and we quit. We quit. That trumps everything.
    Looking for the evidence that the Steelers quit. I saw a defense completely gassed, and an offense that was inept. I didn't see anyone quit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Looking for the evidence that the Steelers quit. I saw a defense completely gassed, and an offense that was inept. I didn't see anyone quit.
    Evidence. May I submit to you kicking a "give up" field goal???? We all saw it. They gave up.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Would it surprise anyone if the Browns turned it around and swept us this year? Wouldn't surprise me.
    Nothing will surprise me this year.

I’m still holding out hope this was just another Boston Massacre and we get things corrected...

but given what we lost on offense and what we replaced it with these last few years it could be a rebuilding year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't watch the Browns play, but the Steelers game was over mid-2nd Q. Brutal.