Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Pats game day - week 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers vs Pats game day - week 1

OK, here we go again....will we start slow and look rusty, or will we look better then we have in the past......I'm still not convinced we addressed the defense CB issues....
    We have to Blitz, cover man to man most of the time or I will be disgusted....we should be able to move the ball around passing .......
    We have to prove the pass to run.....go Steelers!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I see a big day for Jimmy Conner. We should run out of 3 and 4WR sets.

Getting pressure with 3-4 is going to be the key on D and I think Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave, Watt, and Bud are up for the challenge. I see all 5 guys getting 2+ QB hits today. NE’s line is in shambles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I see a big day for Jimmy Conner. We should run out of 3 and 4WR sets.

Getting pressure with 3-4 is going to be the key on D and I think Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave, Watt, and Bud are up for the challenge. I see all 5 guys getting 2+ QB hits today. NE’s line is in shambles.
    Our best personnel grouping should be 11 personnel with Conner, Vance, Juju, Moncrief, and Washington. Also I am curious to see the multiple ways we could possibly use Jaylen Samuels out there as well.

I don't think we should use any all out fire blitzes, but there will be occasions when they drop Watt and Bud in coverage and try to get in Brady's face bringing pressure up the middle with Vince and/or Bush, trying to take advantage of the new center Karras (although he's been in NE for several years, I believe he has only 4-5 starts under his belt, and I think only 2 of them have been at center).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    ....I'm still not convinced we addressed the defense CB issues....
    We have to Blitz, cover man to man most of the time or I will be disgusted....we should be able to move the ball around passing .......
    We have to prove the pass to run.....go Steelers!!!!!
    I share the concern about the corners. Not sold on Nelson. Don’t like the idea of a lot of blitzing, particularly secondary guys. I trust the Dline and Olbers will be able to get the job done.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I share the concern about the corners. Not sold on Nelson. Don’t like the idea of a lot of blitzing, particularly secondary guys. I trust the Dline and Olbers will be able to get the job done.
    the Cheaters* went after Nelson hard when they played the Chifs last season, I expect them to do so again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Like i previously stated in a different post, look for Brady to expose Williams when he is on the field.

On offense i'd love to see us come out with both Conner and Samuels in the backfield, no TE's and 3 wide

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not worried at all...

Legend

User Info Menu

Bud playing pattycake with the left tackle early...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mugged the whole way because he was burnt the whole way, Collinsworth " Clean play"

Legend

User Info Menu

NE making it look easy against the Steelers' D ... blown coverage, TD

Same old story so far