Thread: Holton in Skipper out

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holton in Skipper out

Intresting news of our own...

Holten is going to be game active... is it for special teams as a gunner? Is it for us playing more 5 WR sets, voiding the need to really use Gimmble as the 2nd TE.

With Aldi now healthy, would Skipper even seen the field... hope he clears waivers and we sign him to practice squad.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Holton on the 53 but there were better options of who to release.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Skipper hasn't been signed to P.S. Makes me wonder if he will be back to the 53 man roster Monday??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Skipper hasn't been signed to P.S. Makes me wonder if he will be back to the 53 man roster Monday??
    I dont think the waiver time has passed yet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I like Holton on the 53 but there were better options of who to release.
    Agreed 100 percent. Looks like young James Harrison all over again. Imagine if the Ravens weren’t stupid enough to cut him too, how history would be different.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    They’ll be playing musical chairs with those two all season long.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Some lucky team is likely to take Skipper away. Hard to believe we'd risk exposing him.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is the waiver wire?
    The NFL waiver wire is a system that allows teams to submit a claim for a player who was cut by another team. The waiver wire operates on a 24-hour timeframe during which teams can submit a claim following a player being cut.

On roster cut weekend that 24-hour timeframe is abbreviated as teams must submit a 53-man roster to the NFL by 4:00 p.m. ET on Saturday and then have until 12:00 p.m. ET on Sunday to claim players who were waived the day prior.
    Normally when a player is released, waivers run the next day. For roster cuts, however, all players run through waivers on Sunday, whether they were released on Friday or Saturday.

Pretty sure no team claimed him seeing the 24 hour period has passed
    Last edited by pittpete; 09-08-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Backup

User Info Menu

Great Skipper has been picked up by the Giants. Terrible mistake on our part. I understand keeping Ola but how reliable was he going to be always some injury. SMH here on this one.