Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Pats Deal Complete Before Raiders Released AB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Was Pats Deal Complete Before Raiders Released AB?

Why was AB so joyous to be released by the Raiders?

His grandma tells him at the end, I told you it was gonna work out.

What is 'it'?

When I watch that video, I can't help but think something was worked out ahead of time, just like his grandma says.

The only other thing we know is he signed with the Pats, so that seems like that's what was worked out ahead of time.

I dunno, I'm probably reading into it and into something that isn't there.

What do you think? Would the Patriots cheat? Probably not. But it seems fishy.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB recorded a conversation between him and his agent a week before his trade to Oakland.

Interestingly they seemed to want to land in NE then and BB was talking to Colbert. I wonder what they offered? And interestingly, the Steelers were ok with potentially trading AB to NE which kinda tells me they knew he was a disaster waiting to implode.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...32517131010048

Also interesting AB seemed to think it showed how good he was that teams would be willing to give up multiple 1st round picks for him. Getting traded for a 3 and a 5 had to hurt because that's really a 5 cause the team would have gotten a 3 if they released him.

In retrospect, we all know he was viewed as worthless at one point because team would barely give a song for him.

But nonetheless, it seems like going to NE was always the preferred destination.

If the NFL wanted to look into this, apparently AB had every phone call ever recorded.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sure the pats organization has Template contracts worked out already where you only need to change players name, money and few other small things and bam it's ready to go...it's not brain surgery....if your smart then you make these things
    happen quickly without spending days thinking about it.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Depends what is meant by “complete”. I doubt that any template contract would be used for AB. I suspect there was a broad agreement in principle with details to be worked out and signed later.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, of course it was. AB had no reason to shout at and threaten Mayock, other than to get released. It was timed intentionally.

Apparently the NFL doesn’t care.

It really pisses me off to see AB get whatever he wants by acting like the biggest child-idiot of the century.

Starter

User Info Menu

Crazy or calculated? AB seems to be more of a master manipulator than he is a problem child.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

it sucks he left the burgh and how he did it.

it sucks now that we might have to face him in the playoffs, but all the power to him and his agent.

I find it entertaining this is playing out and now let's see what happens...

Now who is the winner so far?

I still say us by lead we cleared house, maybe all those years he killed this team internally, more than the Pats, with out our knowledge.

AB won too, he got out of the Burgh, got his name in headlines, got recgnozied by his voided big contract, and now he is on front runners for the Superbowl.

Poor Raiders, lost picks, and created havoc in the front office. I wonder if Maylock is ready to give it up since he got undcut by Gruden saying they won't supend AB. And talk about loosing out on talent in FA and the draft... I guess they are going to be big spenders next year in FA with move to LV.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Subpoena this grandma, see what she knows. If she asserts her 5th amendment privilege, we know this was a fraudulent conspiracy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Obviously hindsight is 20/20. But could we have gotten multiple 1st's from NE for AB? We ended with a 3rd and 5th, and AB ended in NE anyway.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    it sucks he left the burgh and how he did it.

it sucks now that we might have to face him in the playoffs, but all the power to him and his agent.

I find it entertaining this is playing out and now let's see what happens...

Now who is the winner so far?

I still say us by lead we cleared house, maybe all those years he killed this team internally, more than the Pats, with out our knowledge.

AB won too, he got out of the Burgh, got his name in headlines, got recgnozied by his voided big contract, and now he is on front runners for the Superbowl.

Poor Raiders, lost picks, and created havoc in the front office. I wonder if Maylock is ready to give it up since he got undcut by Gruden saying they won't supend AB. And talk about loosing out on talent in FA and the draft... I guess they are going to be big spenders next year in FA with move to LV.
    Raiders might have lost some picks but they did several things right. They offered a contract that was easily voidable, they gave brown enough rope to hang himself, they disciplined him, they find him and they saved face by releasing him before he could ruin a season, or several. For several days I thought Mayock and Gruden were punks, but ultimately they manned up and did what needed to be done. I dont doubt they were playing a little good cop/bad cop.
    Lets see if BB can control, discipline and win something with Brown or if he will destroy his new team.
    A lot to find out