Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Pats Deal Complete Before Raiders Released AB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Talent trumps character. Sad but true in the NFL. Problem still exists though. You can't change AB regardless of the NE culture. Raiders rolled out the red carpet n he divorced them. The AB story will not have a good ending.

Backup

User Info Menu

Everyone needs to relax. This won't end well for NE or AB. He's waaaaay too selfish to keep it together all year. Edelman's still going to get 8 catches a game. Gordon will get 4 or 5. The backs get a few, and the other WRs will get a couple. Plus, they're a run-first team, and Brady isn't much of a downfield thrower anymore. AB will get his, but it won't be enough to keep him happy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Crazy or calculated? AB seems to be more of a master manipulator than he is a problem child.
    That's what I right when he went to Oak too.

I'm going to wait to see what happens in NE before I decide again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Getting traded for a 3 and a 5 had to hurt because that's really a 5 cause the team would have gotten a 3 if they released him.
    Compensatory picks are only distributed to teams who players to free agency, not if players get released.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a bad look for the NFL and in my opinion - Roger Goodell. Sure the raiders ‘fired’ him for behavior, but he was immediately ‘rehired’ by the pats.

I think if you use racial slurs, threaten physical violence and orchestrate chaos on purpose you shouldn’t be rewarded. In the real world, fired means fired.

Goodell should have suspended him for a year.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB got what he wanted. A season of exposure on "Hard Knocks" ... a chance to play with the Patriots ... free agency after this year. If he's truly not crazy, you'll see him behave like a model citizen, help the *'s win another Super Bowl, and hit free agency at the top of his game. He's probably thinking it's all gonna turn out just spiffy for him.

Part of me feels like, if there's any justice in the world at all, this move will somehow end up being the ruination of both AB and the Cheaters.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Why was AB so joyous to be released by the Raiders?

His grandma tells him at the end, I told you it was gonna work out.

What is 'it'?

When I watch that video, I can't help but think something was worked out ahead of time, just like his grandma says.

The only other thing we know is he signed with the Pats, so that seems like that's what was worked out ahead of time.

I dunno, I'm probably reading into it and into something that isn't there.

What do you think? Would the Patriots cheat? Probably not. But it seems fishy.
    Would the Patriots cheat?

Would a bear take a dump in the woods?

Does it ever rain in Portland, Oregon?

Will the sun set tonight?

Will Donald Trump tweet tonight?

Would the Patriots cheat? As long as there's a Brady and a Hoodie on the team, I think y'all know the answer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Once again, the nfl looks bad, and the cheats have benefitted.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Starter

User Info Menu

Top it off Kraft out there all smiles......piss on the Patriots