Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl or Bust - 2019/2020 Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

SuperBowl or Bust - 2019/2020 Edition

I've been on the fence this offseason. A lot to be excited about for sure, but at the same time a lot of questions. Can we get back to the playoffs let alone get to the 'ship and bring home #7?

I've finally settled on yes and yes.

I've always been a believer that the formula for a championship in the modern NFL is built on the play of your QB and D. And I'm confident that we've got a QB that's now been unshackled and a complete D that now has the pieces that can develop at every level over the course of the season.

All the focus is on the team investing in the high profile skill players. But in the NFL, it all starts up front in the trenches. And I think we're stacked on both lines. The biggest difference I see this year vs previous year's is my high expectations for Tuitt and Hargrave. I expect each of them to play consistently at a high level that rivals the play of Cam Heyward and I see this having the biggest impact on our turn around.

We have so much overall speed on D and it's just going to take some time, but come November/December, I see this unit beginning to gel and start to make a run as one of the best D's in the league.

On O, I see it taking some time for everything to come together, but not having to force the ball to AB opens up a ton of possibilities. I'm not sure who's going to step up in the WR corps, but I think it's going to be either Washington or Switzer in a big way. I hope to see a sharing of the RB load between Conner and Samuels.

I'm going to make a couple of crazy predictions beyond the SuperBowl for this season. We're going to have 2 candidates for O and D MVP with off the chart stats. Don't be surprised to see Jimmy Conner and TJ Watt putting up numbers at a pace never before seen in Pittsburgh. And we're going for some big numbers. 20 TDs and 20 Sacks.

This is going to be a fun season. And the real key to getting #7 is our collective fan base believing in this team.

Wave your towels. Scream your lungs out. Get a little crazy.

Every moment counts. Every Sunday matters.

There may be times when we question these guys and this team, but keep the faith.

It may not be clear right away the path that we're on, but by week 12 or 13, I think everyone's going to start seeing the path forward.

Who ride?

Legend

User Info Menu

Another one of these would look good in the case!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We ride!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now we may start the season!

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

I see the defense being a much improved unit this year. The sky is the limit. It all comes down to execution.... winning the turnover battle and making FGs.

Legend

User Info Menu

5 of us believe. It's a start.

Everyone will be on the bandwagon come Decemberish

Legend

User Info Menu

Here we go Steelers

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I
    It may not be clear right away the path that we're on, but by week 12 or 13, I think everyone's going to start seeing the path forward.
    This is the story I'm sticking to for now

Legend

User Info Menu

When everyone stops believing, itís time to start.

This is is a big week and will show some glimpses of hope for those watching closely.

Donít get caught up in the bs. Truth will be revealed to those with true vision.

Pay close attnetion.