Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl or Bust - 2019/2020 Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Flippy...where are you? Even against the lowly Dolphins we need your tireless optimism.

You're the poster we need, not the one we deserve.

(I thought this was appropriate even if you have Batman's nemisis in your sig).
    We needed a little rest. And now that weve had it, we dont lose another game this season.

Its on like Donkey Kong!!!!

Who ride?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We needed a little rest. And now that we’ve had it, we don’t lose another game this season.

Who ride?
    Love how you circle the wagons bro!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We needed a little rest. And now that we’ve had it, we don’t lose another game this season.

Who ride?
    We ride!

(that always makes me think of "they shot me in Denver")

Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We ride!

(that always makes me think of "they shot me in Denver")

I was kinda surprised to still see TJ leading the chant before games.

i still think of Peezy too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone ready to get on the bandwagon with me?

Legend

User Info Menu

The last time Rudolph faced Mayfield was back in Oklahoma. Back then some were saying Rudolf / Washington was the best QB / WR connection in the country and both were likely 1st round draft picks. But as we all know, it didn't play out that way.

Baker ended up going #1 overall and long ahead of James in Round 2 and Mason in Round 3. That's motivation for both of these guys, but especially Mason.

Mason's first shot at playing against a QB that was drafted ahead of him ended with a concussion in Baltimore unfortunately. But not this time around. Every time Mason sees Baker on the other side line, he knows he's gotta remind everyone that he was the best QB in his class. And I expect he will. Expecting a big game out of Mason and a turning point in his season.

Tonight starts his retribution tour. It's Baker today, it'll be Jackson later in the season, and Brady and Wilson in the playoffs. I see how this stage is being set and I'm getting excited for our opportunity ahead.

Who ride?

Legend

User Info Menu

For some reason, I'm thinking this could be a breakout game for young Mr. Rudolph. I hope it's not just Black & Gold glasses I'm wearing.

I'm concerned about the pass rush of the Browns thou; Garrett was a bit of a problem last year and there is no doubt they'll be motivated.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

The last time Rudolph faced Mayfield was back in Oklahoma. Back then some were saying Rudolf / Washington was the best QB / WR connection in the country and both were likely 1st round draft picks. But as we all know, it didn't play out that way.

Baker ended up going #1 overall and long ahead of James in Round 2 and Mason in Round 3. That's motivation for both of these guys, but especially Mason.

Mason's first shot at playing against a QB that was drafted ahead of him ended with a concussion in Baltimore unfortunately. But not this time around. Every time Mason sees Baker on the other side line, he knows he's gotta remind everyone that he was the best QB in his class. And I expect he will. Expecting a big game out of Mason and a turning point in his season.

Tonight starts his retribution tour. It's Baker today, it'll be Jackson later in the season, and Brady and Wilson in the playoffs. I see how this stage is being set and I'm getting excited for our opportunity ahead.

Who ride?
    You know whats weird about Baker though?
    Dude was the number one pick and STILL has the biggest chip on his shoulder of anybody.

Try looking at his record against everybody he has faced in his class.

Dude is probably raging right now with the insane idea in his head everybody thinks Mason is better than me!!!
    I'll show THEM who's better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dude was the number one pick and STILL has the biggest chip on his shoulder of anybody.

Dude is probably raging right now with the insane idea in his head everybody thinks Mason is better than me!!!
    Not saying Baker has done anything wrong, but he makes me think that hes Philip Rivers if Philip Rivers were having roid rage sometimes.

I agree with you. His motivation is off the charts while Mason is more of the football nerd. Quiet, thoughtful, humble, probably studying and preparing right now. Sometimes Id rather have the guy with energy and a bit of swagger. Heck thats probably why I like Duck. But I also realize we might have the hardest worker and the guy thats going to put in the most work to be successful. And were going to have to be patient and see how far he gets.

Mason has made a big jump from last year. And we have to remember last year, his growth was stunted behind all the reps Dobbs was getting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

The Michael Jordan complex.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158