Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl or Bust - 2019/2020 Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

True vision = this team cant get out of its own way...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    When everyone stops believing, itís time to start.

This is is a big week and will show some glimpses of hope for those watching closely.

Donít get caught up in the bs. Truth will be revealed to those with true vision.

Pay close attnetion.
    I knew no one would see the silver lining.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess we're going 14-2 now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I guess we're going 14-2 now
    There it is. Rudolf is ready to take us to the promised land.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's about time we got Rudolf some help in winning #7. Any of yinz doubting how good this trade was are going to feel silly. I've been looking for a new jersey and now I know who I'm gonna be wearing. Here's a little different video to give you some insight into the person we just traded for....

Legend

User Info Menu

Making the case that Minkah is already the most versatile slot CB in the league....

Legend

User Info Menu

I knew no one would see the silver lining.
    Some just like living their lives in darkness and depression. I'm actually excited to see how we do going forward. We get to test drive Mason and see if he is the future. We got a great young talent at DB in a trade. Bush will get better every game. The Rudolph/Washington connection could be something special. We will likely recommit to the run like we haven't in a long time.

Its going to be a fun season to watch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Making the case that Minkah is already the most versatile slot CB in the league....
    So, he apparently told the Dolphins that he wanted to play slot CB or boundary CB and not either S position (this makes sense for a guy who wants to maximize his value as a UFA).
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...235163232.html

What position do we play him at?

FS seems to be the best answer because of the higher snap count and the injury to Davis. But, he has said that he doesn't want to play that position (which apparently led to his departure from Miami).

So, do we put him at nickle CB and basically make the nickle our base? And if we do, what do we do in situations where we do move back to the 3 - 4? Rotate him to FS?

I think it will be interesting to see where he plays and how we use him. He's clearly good enough to play in our D and should be on the field basically every snap IMO.

He isn't AB, but I do worry about guys that complain their way of a team. Hopefully, his main issue with the Dolphins was just that they're always terrible.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Some just like living their lives in darkness and depression. I'm actually excited to see how we do going forward. We get to test drive Mason and see if he is the future. We got a great young talent at DB in a trade. Bush will get better every game. The Rudolph/Washington connection could be something special. We will likely recommit to the run like we haven't in a long time.

Its going to be a fun season to watch.
    Why must you constantly put people down who don't have your view? Your view isn't the only view. Have your view; express your view; but don't put people down who don't see things the way you see them. That's exactly what's wrong in this country now.

The truth is that at this point, no one knows which way things are going to go. But putting people down who don't share your view isn't the way to go. We all hope things turn out for the best for us thou.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    no one knows which way things are going to go.
    except for Flippy who's 100% sure it's SuperBowl or Bust