Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher report

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bleacher report

Didnít see anyone else post this. Very interesting read.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2852344-how-the-steelers-big-three-became-just-big-ben.amp.html
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Didn’t see anyone else post this. Very interesting read.
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...g-ben.amp.html
    Thanks for posting. Was an interesting read. It just reminds me why I am so excited for this version of the Steelers in 2019. The drama, I hope, is now gone and the emblem is now the most important thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

So Tom Brady can have the backup QB traded away, have a personal trainer fly with the team but he "doesn't wield the power" that Roethlisberger does!?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So Tom Brady can have the backup QB traded away, have a personal trainer fly with the team but he "doesn't wield the power" that Roethlisberger does!?

Unfortunately NO.....Tom Brady still wins Super Bowls

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure sone will spin that as tomlin looking like a genius somehow, but some of that is pretty damning stuff and he comes off as weak and ineffective

and cutting troy via voicemail is downright pathetic if that's true

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm sure sone will spin that as tomlin looking like a genius somehow, but some of that is pretty damning stuff and he comes off as weak and ineffective

Didn't read that at all. Tomlin was all-in with his QB, maybe to a fault . Others didn't get the same sway.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

apparently not even his own coaching staff

hilarious that anyone can say tomlin comes out of that looking good

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Everyone deserves blame since it didn’t end well.

No one is clean in this story.

Tomlin is still the cleanest because he isn’t the GM. He only holds so much power. You give a player big money it’s hard for a coach to keep the peace when he is making less than the player he is trying to manage.

Anyone saying Ben isn’t as fault is crazy. If Ben has a clean past I would probably give him the benefit but he has a trail of bed crumbs and questionable off field decisions as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

might very well be a big reason why Troy has distanced himself from the Steelers...

Legend

User Info Menu

I had no idea before that article that Troy will not come back to the Steelers until Tomlin is gone. Was that a known thing? I can't figure out how I missed it if it was.