Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Chestio

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    This will be one of the most interesting NFL soap operas in a while. When Brown face-booked Tomlin in the lockerroom, Edelman retorted how that wouldn't go in NE. But every player wants a ring, so Brown accepted what is a relatively, modest amount of money to try to get one with the proven winner. How can he control his impulses long enough to play on the team and work toward that goal?

Players don't usually accumulate huge individual stats on the Patriots and they already have some talent at receiver, Edelman, Gordon, 1st rounder, etc. From what I understand, the Patriot system requires a lot of meetings, personal accountability and self-discipline to make everything work as well as it does. I can't see how Brown can change that much. but if does, he's a lot smarter than he seems.
    AB is all about AB and his 'brand'. Oakland was perfect for him. He would have been the only star player, moving to Vegas next year. The entire franchise would have been all about him. That STILL wasn't good enough. He also needed free reign to do whatever he wanted. Remember how he pouted about sharing the spotlight with JuJu? He couldn't handle taking a back seat to Ben. Now he goes to NE, where he'll never be bigger than BB, Brady, Gronk (if he returns), etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess it comes down to - was AB's act the last year genuine? Or was it nothing more than a lesson learned from Blount/Harrison on what it takes to walk away from a team and control your destiny? I think he won't be able to contain himself, but if it was an act and Brady was just handed a guy who will embrace the patriots way - wow.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    If he rocks the boat they will get rid of him quick fast.
    Dude rocks the boat seemingly every damn hour at this point.

There is no chance he is 100% "Patriot Way" for 5 whole consecutive months.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I predicted it. This a-hole has a behind-the-scenes agreement with them. Just like Blount. Forced his way out of the Raiders to go to a winner.

This $hiit shouldn’t be allowed.

he's all about the money, not about winning.

if the raiders don't fine him, there by keeping his contract guaranteed come sunday, you better believe he would still be with oakland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    This will be one of the most interesting NFL soap operas in a while. When Brown face-booked Tomlin in the lockerroom, Edelman retorted how that wouldn't go in NE. But every player wants a ring, so Brown accepted what is a relatively, modest amount of money to try to get one with the proven winner. How can he control his impulses long enough to play on the team and work toward that goal?
    I have no doubt he is selfish and less about winning than money and individual glory.

His goal is to get paid again. The Pats know this is their leverage
    The only way that Brown gets oaid is to be a "reformed" choir boy to BB and impress the league with outstanding play and good behavior.

If he gets a ring, puts up numbers his ego gets fed and he gets paid next season. He is validated in the eyes of many.

I have no doubt BB has laid this out to Brown.
    Any time Brown THINKS about acting up BB will remind him of the stakes.

Is Brown selfish? Absolutely. But at this point his selfish desires require his being a good teammate to get what he wants

Brown gets paid, the LEGEND of BB grows, "he tamed Brown", another ring EVERYBODY wins.

The Patriots will NOT be the team who pays him big bucks, but he will get paid.

Brown with a ring AND a contract? He will DESTROY that team.

Sadly that is how I see it playing out.

Only way he goes off the rails this season is if this is cte and the dude has no control of his behavior.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-08-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I have no doubt he is selfish and less about winning than money and individual glory.

His goal is to get paid again. The Pats know this is their leverage
    The only way that Brown gets oaid is to be a "reformed" choir boy to BB and impress the league with outstanding play and good behavior.

If he gets a ring, puts up numbers his ego gets fed and he gets paid next season. He is validated in the eyes of many.

I have no doubt BB has laid this out to Brown.
    Any time Brown THINKS about acting up BB will remind him of the stakes.

Is Brown selfish? Absolutely. But at this point his selfish desires require his being a good teammate to get what he wants

Brown gets paid, the LEGEND of BB grows, "he tamed Brown", another ring EVERYBODY wins.

The Patriots will NOT be the team who pays him big bucks, but he will get paid.

Brown with a ring AND a contract? He will DESTROY that team.

Sadly that is how I see it playing out.

Only way he goes off the rails this season is if this is cte and the dude has no control of his behavior.
    Your logic is sound but what makes me question this is he had exactly this with the Raiders. He was getting paid, he had the long-term contract.
    He was guaranteed millions. He was embraced and seemingly his future was secure. But he couldn't help himself and played with matches and
    gasoline and dynamite and blew everything up.

So it seems that there is something else in addition to money that drives him. He after all already has a lot of money. He might have wasted a lot of,
    who knows. But Brown is not completely logical.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's funny everyone wants to give the SuperBowl to the Pats now that they have AB.

And everyone thinks the great BB will be able to manage AB.

IMHO this thing is combustible.

AB will want 10+ targets a game to stay happy and I think Brady is a QB that will take what the D gives them.

Everyone believes AB is the greatest WR in the history of the game, but he's only scored 10+ TDs in 4 of 9 years in the league.

AB's quick, has amazing acceleration, great hands, etc. but he's not the best route runner and he's played with a QB with a big arm that believes he can squeeze a ball into a non existent window to make a play.

Time will tell if any team/QB will feed him the ball like Ben. On all those targets, just consider how often was AB open?

As great as Brady is, he plays different than Ben. He gets rid of the ball fast and doesn't give his WRs seemingly forever down field until the D thinks the play must be over and gives up.

AB will have to play different to be successful in NE.

Time will tell if he can.

And the best part is if AB erupts on the sideline, expect the same from his new QB. And some how or another, these 2 are going to implode together at some point.

The question is can NE wear the kid gloves and delicately handle AB's fragile personality?

We might actually find out that you need to coddle AB like Mike T did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if the Raiders signing Burfict has something to do with his meltdown?

Starter

User Info Menu

Kevin Durant did something similar in the NBA a few seasons ago. He left his team to join the defending champs in order to get his ring. He was criticized by some in the national media as being weak for doing this. I wonder if Chestio will get the same treatment. The difference here is that Durant did is straight up. Chestio made a clown of himself and the Raiders to do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt that Belichick ever “tamed” the killer (Hernandez). He simply tolerated the killer’s behavior until it became too blatant to keep him on the roster.