Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Chestio

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Guess I was wrong. Really thought they learned their lesson. They won multiple championships early in Brady's career and multiple championships late in Brady's career. In the middle, they added a me-first diva WR named Randy Moss. They won fantasy football titles for a lot of people during this era, but zero real-life rings during that time. Championships are won with a team-first focus. Moss and Brown both drip with talent, and AB should be able to put up Moss-like numbers in that offense...but those two guys are the antithesis of team-first. You made your bed, Belichick. Time to lie in it. Their dynasty died today. Screw 'em. They truly deserve each other.
    Ehhh.. they didn’t lose that SB because of Moss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

They lost that Super Bowl because although they had way more talent, the Giants were a better TEAM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They lost that Super Bowl because although they had way more talent, the Giants were a better TEAM.
    No. I don’t think the Giants were the better team. Maybe a better matchup.

It’s like the Steelers and Raiders. I don’t think the Raiders have ever had a better team but they still beat us a few times.

The Pats didn’t lose because they didn’t have good team chemistry. They were 18-0 and destroyed the league that year.

The Giants just had a front 4 that caused fits for NE.

It’s laughable to use Moss on the Pats as a reason the team chemistry failed them in the SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    No. I don’t think the Giants were the better team. Maybe a better matchup.

It’s like the Steelers and Raiders. I don’t think the Raiders have ever had a better team but they still beat us a few times.

The Pats didn’t lose because they didn’t have good team chemistry. They were 18-0 and destroyed the league that year.

The Giants just had a front 4 that caused fits for NE.

It’s laughable to use Moss on the Pats as a reason the team chemistry failed them in the SB.

Not that you need any help with this... but that last statement is what I took from the initial post, and what I took issue with as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Accumulating elite level raw talents does not a cohesive team make.

In this case, Belichick the GM is a bit too confident in the abilities of Belichick the coach.

Even the greatest coach of our time cannot possibly convert me-me-me to we-we-we.

Belichick demands a high degree professionalism from his players at all times, and although Brown may work harder than almost any other player, AB seems to virtually incapable of any degree of professionalism whatsoever.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Accumulating elite level raw talents does not a cohesive team make.

In this case, Belichick the GM is a bit too confident in the abilities of Belichick the coach.

Even the greatest coach of our time cannot possibly convert me-me-me to we-we-we.

Belichick demands a high degree professionalism from his players at all times, and although Brown may work harder than almost any other player, AB seems to virtually incapable of any degree of professionalism whatsoever.
    I guess the issue is if AB is actual crazy or just crazy like a fox to get his way. If he's actually crazy, then this will probably go badly for NE. However, if he is just playing crazy (like a fox) to get his way then he will be an absolute monster on the field for both practice and games. It's almost a playbook now that Blount and Harrison before him have executed- act like an ass to the Steelers and you can find your way to the Patriots to get a shot at a ring.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Billicheat was able to tame a killer for a while. I think they can deal with AB.

Since Billicheat is the coach AND GM I think it makes it easier to deal with players like AB.

If he rocks the boat they will get rid of him quick fast.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I guess the issue is if AB is actual crazy or just crazy like a fox to get his way. If he's actually crazy, then this will probably go badly for NE. However, if he is just playing crazy (like a fox) to get his way then he will be an absolute monster on the field for both practice and games. It's almost a playbook now that Blount and Harrison before him have executed- act like an ass to the Steelers and you can find your way to the Patriots to get a shot at a ring.
    Which is why the NFL needs to do something about it. A guy under contract, shouldn't be able to run himself out of town, just to immediately sign with a team of his choosing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This will be one of the most interesting NFL soap operas in a while. When Brown face-booked Tomlin in the lockerroom, Edelman retorted how that wouldn't go in NE. But every player wants a ring, so Brown accepted what is a relatively, modest amount of money to try to get one with the proven winner. How can he control his impulses long enough to play on the team and work toward that goal?

Players don't usually accumulate huge individual stats on the Patriots and they already have some talent at receiver, Edelman, Gordon, 1st rounder, etc. From what I understand, the Patriot system requires a lot of meetings, personal accountability and self-discipline to make everything work as well as it does. I can't see how Brown can change that much. but if does, he's a lot smarter than he seems.