Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chestio

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He got six years of unprecedented WR production never achieved in the NFL with almost no issues until the end of those six years. Deny the leadership all you want, but the great Jon Gruden couldn't lead him to the first game of the season
    There's that. $$$

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the narrative that tomlin is a genius is absurd

he didn't manage brown, he enabled him
    Not a genius. Just not anywhere near as inept as Gruden / Mayock.

The hard line with AB seems to be leading to total failure, maybe with them not even getting a down of production out of AB.

I guess the counter argument is that they're "breaking" him and he'll end up being the model team mate because they're showing him who's boss. But I think there's very little chance of that happening.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He got six years of unprecedented WR production never achieved in the NFL with almost no issues until the end of those six years. Deny the leadership all you want, but the great Jon Gruden couldn't lead him to the first game of the season
    Donít you dare give a Tomlin credit. No soup for you

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oakland will back down. They are an inherently gutless, unprincipled team, and always have been. Plus there is no guarantee at all they get the $30 million just because the delicate GM almost got punched. What boss hasn’t had a few swings thrown at them? You’re not doing your job right if your employees don’t want to cold-cock you right in the moof.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Oakland will back down. They are an inherently gutless, unprincipled team, and always have been. Plus there is no guarantee at all they get the $30 million just because the delicate GM almost got punched. What boss hasnít had a few swings thrown at them? Youíre not doing your job right if your employees donít want to cold-cock you right in the moof.
    I promise you that the lawyers on both sides are working overtime. The Raiders are looking for every possible option to prepare for a divorce. The bad part is that the old #84 would probably go to the Patriots.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    One of the players holding AB back from Mayock, was Burfict.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/...581381632?s=19
    Proof again that Burfict is a smart player and knows what he's doing. Just dirty.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    He told Mayock he was going to punch him in the face,in front of everyone...If you don't suspend him, or better yet cut him...Who do you suspend/ cut?
    This threat is where AB can get in trouble with the league under the Personal Conduct Policy. It expressly prohibits, among other things, violent or threatening behavior towards another employee or third party in any workplace. If Oakland doesn't suspend him, the NFL can step in and do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I promise you that the lawyers on both sides are working overtime. The Raiders are looking for every possible option to prepare for a divorce. The bad part is that the old #84 would probably go to the Patriots.
    That’s a good point. Actually, I can see both Chest and Le’Veon on the Pats for 2020, catching passes from Brady.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    That’s a good point. Actually, I can see both Chest and Le’Veon on the Pats for 2020, catching passes from Brady.
    I think Bell will work out in NY. He wanted his money, he got it and he’ll play hard.

AB in Oakland is already toxic.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m starting to think that the whole helmet deal he was having was because his head has swollen so much that they couldn’t find one that fit him

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.