Chestio

Suspended...lmfao, I'm weak!!!!!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Sorry, I don't know how to post links...Somebody will

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/raid...ke-mayock.html

WOW. No idea why I'm actually surprised.

The Raiders are planning to suspend star wide receiver Antonio Brown after he “got into it” with general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday, according to ESPN.

Mayock was apparently annoyed that Brown took to social media and posted a fine letter that Mayock sent him. That “led to an exchange," according to ESPN.
    And that exchange led to the Raiders deciding to suspend Brown. It remains unclear how long he’ll have to sit, but there appears to be zero chance he plays in Monday night’s season opener at home against the Broncos.

Brown is a superb player, so we figured all along that he’d be worth the drama in Oakland. But with Brown, there’s always going to be drama of some level — whether he is freezing the bottom of his feet in a cryotherapy chamber or lashing out at his former quarterback or refusing to practice because he doesn’t like his helmet options.

And all of those things did indeed happen this summer, before Brown played a single game with the Raiders, who traded for him in a deal with Pittsburgh earlier this year.

Just when you thought all of that was behind Brown — his feet healing, an NFL-approved helmet on his head — he posts a fine letter on social media. And you can’t really blame Mayock for being upset about that. It was a highly unprofessional move by Brown.

Now you can see why the Steelers were so eager to unloaded such a talented player, if it wasn’t obvious already. The drama is the cost of doing business when you employ Brown. But a GM can’t have a player publicizing a fine letter or, worse, getting into it with team leadership — be it the GM or head coach. Brown left the Raiders no option but to suspend him.

The suspension could impact Brown’s guaranteed money — in terms of whether it remains guaranteed. And maybe that will finally get Brown to shape up. Because the on-field stuff with Brown has never really been a big question. He generally delivers results. It’s this off-field nonsense that follows Brown wherever he goes.

Starter

User Info Menu

Oh, And this is Ben's fault

Starter

User Info Menu

Something happened to him...He is not right...Sooooooooo glad in a roundabout way we got Bush for him

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Oh, And this is Ben's fault
    That dang owner mentality!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly feel bad for the guy now, because I am convinced he is suffering from CTE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I honestly feel bad for the guy now, because I am convinced he is suffering from CTE
    He's not been right for some time and there's no other explanation.

I wonder if he'll ever play in Oakland.

Kudos to the Raiders for standing up to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could the Raiders be setting up a "conduct detrimental" claim against the old #84 to get out of the contract? Seems like they now realize they got a nut job who they will not be able to control.

Once again, this just demonstrates what a genius Tomlin was managing and controlling this clown as well as he did to get the six years of production that he got.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just heard a team only has to pay a player with 4 years in the league their full year salary after cutting them only if the player is on the Week 1 active roster. So this is a really good move for the Raiders because they can now cut him at any point during the first season and would no longer owe him a $ more.