Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm back and it's guarantee time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm back and it's guarantee time.

I guarantee that we beat NE handily. The game won't be as close as the scoreboard say..
    Last year guaranteed games
    4-0. Book it
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I guarantee that we beat NE handily. The game won't be as close as the scoreboard say..
    4-0. Book it
    Booked it!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

4-0. Book it
    I was with you on the last Pats game. Won a bet with squid on it.

I am not feeling it this time. There is something about the way the last game set up that gave me confidence. I knew we would be hungry, and the Pats overconfident.

I think there is a lot of youth and change and we will be far from a finished product. And it is in their house.

I do feel like by playoff time, we will be ready. “If” Edmonds live up to his potential, Haden is healthy, Nelson is legit, we are absolutely SB contenders.

The fact that the Pats are notoriously slow starters....perhaps worse than us, gives me hope for this game.

4-0 is a good record dude, you give me hope too. Thanks.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-02-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I was with you on the last Pats game. Won a bet with squid on it.

I am not feeling it this time. There is something about the way the last game set up that gave me confidence. I knew we would be hungry, and the Pats overconfident.

I think there is a lot of youth and change and we will be far from a finished product. And it is in their house.

I do feel like by playoff time, we will be ready. “If” Edmonds live up to his potential, Haden is healthy, Nelson is legit, we are absolutely SB contenders.

The fact that the Pats are notoriously slow starters....perhaps worse than us, gives me hope for this game.

4-0 is a good record dude, you give me hope too. Thanks.
    The question is not will we win, the question is, Did Squid pay up.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

The “pups” at receiver better be ready cause BB will eliminate Juju.

They need to strategize for it and Ben needs to be quick to take advantage and go to alternate targets. Juju needs to be more a “decoy” than weapon, especially early on. After other receivers take advantage, Pats will adjust and he can have a big second half.

One reason that the Pats struggle early is than they aren’t ready for new faces and can’t gameplan their contribution. Think of rookie Kareem Hunt a couple of years ago.

Ben needs to take advantage of the Pats tendency to overplay your comfort zone.

Legend

User Info Menu

The question is not will we win, the question is, Did Squid pay up.
    The bet was the loser “goes away” til seasons end. He homered the bet.

Legend

User Info Menu

hopefully ben gets off to a fast start but it wouldnt surprise me if the opposite happened. Basically no preseason work and we have a rep for starting out alow anyways.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    The “pups” at receiver better be ready cause BB will eliminate Juju.

They need to strategize for it and Ben needs to be quick to take advantage and go to alternate targets. Juju needs to be more a “decoy” than weapon, especially early on. After other receivers take advantage, Pats will adjust and he can have a big second half.

One reason that the Pats struggle early is than they aren’t ready for new faces and can’t gameplan their contribution. Think of rookie Kareem Hunt a couple of years ago.

Ben needs to take advantage of the Pats tendency to overplay your comfort zone.
    Either Juju or Conner; one will be focused on early to be eliminate. This could be the Moncrief/McDonald show then. Would be a great way to establish the secondary guys in a big, big game like this.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    hopefully ben gets off to a fast start but it wouldnt surprise me if the opposite happened. Basically no preseason work and we have a rep for starting out alow anyways.
    We are going to need a new wrinkle somewhere to keep BB guessing. Hope Tomlin has something up his sleeve.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

4-0. Book it
    I'm with you on this. We put the first bullet in the dynasty...the beginning of their end starts Game 1