Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm back and it's guarantee time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course we all know how much difficulty the Steelers have to start the season, but so do the Patriots. It seems that every year in late September we hear that they are finally losing it and that the dynasty is over.

I'm thinking that like the Steelers, the Patriots also start slow because they know who their starters are, and therefore they don't get much play in August. This game might come down to who has the biggest chip on their shoulder, and that team is probably our beloved Steelers. From the whole fiasco of 2018 and the quiet of this year, to the idea that the Steelers can't win in Foxboro, to the putting down of Ben at every turn this summer, I think they come out hot. Add my personal theory that often teams with pre-game ceremonies (retirements, rings etc.) don't always fare as well that game, I think the Steelers pull off an ugly week one victory.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They did make 3 trades for o-linemen within the past week. However, none of those new OL additions are being counted on to start against us this Sunday. All depth acquisitions at this point.

They only starting OL that they lost in camp was center David Andrews because of that medical condition involving blood clots in his lungs, I believe. But he was replaced in the starting lineup by Ted Karras, who is now going into his 4th season in New England. Karras has appeared in 45 games for NE over the last 3 seasons. including 5 starts.

They traded with Arizona for Korey Cunningham, and he is now a backup tackle for them.

They traded with Baltimore for Jermaine Eluemunor, and he is now a backup guard for them.

They traded with Buffalo for Russell Bodine, and he is now a backup center for them.
    Report: Patriots releasing Russell Bodine

Posted by Josh Alper on September 6, 2019, 10:23 AM EDT

When Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was asked last weekend about the team’s plans at center with David Andrews out for the year, he said that the team will “evaluate it as we go.”

They’ve reportedly made one evaluation and it wasn’t a positive one for Russell Bodine. Bodine was acquired in a trade with the Bills before the cut to 53 players, but Jim McBride of the Boston Globe reports that the team is releasing him ahead of this Sunday’s game against the Steelers.

The Patriots sent a sixth-round pick to Buffalo for Bodine, who started 10 games for the Bills last year and 64 games for the Bengals over his first four NFL seasons.

McBride reports that the Patriots will fill the roster spot by re-signing interior offensive lineman James Ferentz. Ferentz was cut last weekend. Ted Karras is expected to start at center this weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/report-patriots-releasing-russell-bodine/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Of course we all know how much difficulty the Steelers have to start the season, but so do the Patriots. It seems that every year in late September we hear that they are finally losing it and that the dynasty is over.

I'm thinking that like the Steelers, the Patriots also start slow because they know who their starters are, and therefore they don't get much play in August. This game might come down to who has the biggest chip on their shoulder, and that team is probably our beloved Steelers. From the whole fiasco of 2018 and the quiet of this year, to the idea that the Steelers can't win in Foxboro, to the putting down of Ben at every turn this summer, I think they come out hot. Add my personal theory that often teams with pre-game ceremonies (retirements, rings etc.) don't always fare as well that game, I think the Steelers pull off an ugly week one victory.
    Slow like last night's Bears/Packers game? That was awful. And clear evidence that these guys need to play at least a quarter of preseason games.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm wrong to start the season.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I'm wrong to start the season.
    which way do you think the stock market is going?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers not prepared in any facet of the game in the 1st half. Not surprised one bit.

Tomlin slaps his line/and defense in the face when he decided on punt on 4th and 1 inch.

Absolutely no offense to speak of. Maybe a total of 7 different plays used. That's it.

Do we miss Haley? Any top tier coaching at all?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I guarantee that we beat NE handily. The game won't be as close as the scoreboard say..
    Last year guaranteed games
    4-0. Book it
    darn, so close...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which way do you think the stock market is going?
    Okay, now this is funny. Haha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    darn, so close...
    Lol.........