Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm back and it's guarantee time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, and I often am with these Steelers, but my gut tells me that Brady is going to embarass our defense and it'll be up to our offense to try to keep pace. I think we'll need more than 30 points to win this game.
    I am trying my best to be optimistic. I haven't honestly felt this good coming out of a camp in years. But our history both with slow starts to the season and in foxboro has my gut in knots like you. I really believe our defense has improved, and Ben is savvy enough to figure out their schemes. I believe the steelers have a very good chance to win this game.

but I think the reality is - if we win, most will be pleasantly surprised. If we lose or get blown out - most will not be shocked in the least.

all I know is it's not even week 1 and I'm stocking up on Tums..........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I am trying my best to be optimistic. I haven't honestly felt this good coming out of a camp in years. But our history both with slow starts to the season and in foxboro has my gut in knots like you. I really believe our defense has improved, and Ben is savvy enough to figure out their schemes. I believe the steelers have a very good chance to win this game.

but I think the reality is - if we win, most will be pleasantly surprised. If we lose or get blown out - most will not be shocked in the least.

all I know is it's not even week 1 and I'm stocking up on Tums..........
    Yeah, nerve-wracking way to kick off the season!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, and I often am with these Steelers, but my gut tells me that Brady is going to embarass our defense and it'll be up to our offense to try to keep pace. I think we'll need more than 30 points to win this game.
    I think the opposite...Cheats scrambling to replace 3 OL in the last few weeks...I think we are going to put some hit hits on Mrs. Brady!

Backup

User Info Menu

[/QUOTE] I think we are going to put some hits on Mrs. Brady![/QUOTE]
    If I were in their pay range I would not mind hitting on Mrs. Brady, did I just say that?

Legend

User Info Menu

If I were in their pay range I would not mind hitting on Mrs. Brady, did I just say that?
    She's got enough money for the both of you. Might as well take your chances and see what happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I think the opposite...Cheats scrambling to replace 3 OL in the last few weeks...I think we are going to put some hit hits on Mrs. Brady!
    They were definitely scrambling for O-linemen. But they'll be ready. Gotta make Brady hold that ball so we can hit him. Meaning don't allow the quick 3 step drop passes; tight man coverage.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    They did make 3 trades for o-linemen within the past week. However, none of those new OL additions are being counted on to start against us this Sunday. All depth acquisitions at this point.

They only starting OL that they lost in camp was center David Andrews because of that medical condition involving blood clots in his lungs, I believe. But he was replaced in the starting lineup by Ted Karras, who is now going into his 4th season in New England. Karras has appeared in 45 games for NE over the last 3 seasons. including 5 starts.

They traded with Arizona for Korey Cunningham, and he is now a backup tackle for them.

They traded with Baltimore for Jermaine Eluemunor, and he is now a backup guard for them.

They traded with Buffalo for Russell Bodine, and he is now a backup center for them.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ben Roethlisberger sets his sights on the Steelers' first win in Gillette Stadium against a healthy Tom Brady. "It's not like we have had a problem with them. The league has had a problem with them," said Roethlisberger of the Patriots. "They are that dominant."

13h
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ben Roethlisberger sets his sights on the Steelers' first win in Gillette Stadium against a healthy Tom Brady. "It's not like we have had a problem with them. The league has had a problem with them," said Roethlisberger of the Patriots. "They are that dominant."

13h
    Sounds like Ben's a "bad fan" too. /sarcasm

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Sounds like Ben's a "bad fan" too. /sarcasm
    And he sucks at life