Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which player on our roster is most likely to get traded before the cutdowon to 53?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think DOBBS or HAWKINS have any trade value based on anything they've shown.
    BURNS is in his last year....no trade value when teams know they can get him off waivers or in FA and have a say in his contract.
    ROGERS has failed to finish 2 seasons b/c of injury....again - any team interested will take a chance on Waivers.

BUT darnit all.....we need a TE!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Given Old McDonald's health history, I think it would be prudent to look to bring another TE onto the roster. Then again, we can plug in 4 WRs or 2 RBs with Jaylen in an HBack role to cover for our lack of TE depth.

There's a couple teams out there with some depth like Tampa and NE with some depth at TE. Our backup TEs need to be more of blockers so I'd take a look at a guy like a Ryan Izzo. Plus it never hurts to take some scraps from NE cause you know they're likely coached up well.

IMHO, we can't move Dobbs fast enough. Eli or Switzer probably have the most value in a trade.

Banned

User Info Menu

A Dobbs/ Rogers package can get us something decent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Given Old McDonald's health history, I think it would be prudent to look to bring another TE onto the roster. Then again, we can plug in 4 WRs or 2 RBs with Jaylen in an HBack role to cover for our lack of TE depth.

There's a couple teams out there with some depth like Tampa and NE with some depth at TE. Our backup TEs need to be more of blockers so I'd take a look at a guy like a Ryan Izzo. Plus it never hurts to take some scraps from NE cause you know they're likely coached up well.

IMHO, we can't move Dobbs fast enough. Eli or Switzer probably have the most value in a trade.
    Switzer is a journeyman.

I doubt anyone else wants to trade for him.

I don’t understand how everyone keeps hyping this kid up as something special.

Until he breaks a few tackles or doesn’t run out of bounds after a 3 yard gain I won’t change my opinion of him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Switzer is a journeyman.

Until he breaks a few tackles or doesn’t run out of bounds after a 3 yard gain I won’t change my opinion of him.
    I'm w/ You - the Steelers have this desire to have another Wes Welker/Julian Edleman that they're hoping they have one of those two in SWITZER - except those guys actually look like MEN and not 15 yr old boys. He has put on some size this offseason but it needs to translate into more than 8 yard per reception and some tough 3rd down conversions.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Switzer is a journeyman.

I’m a Switzer fan from watching him at UNC. Give him a full offseason with the team and he’s not going to dissapoint.

Im with you on his lack of production to date. But i believe in his upside/potential.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's a pipe dream to think we'd get much of anything for any of those guys. More likely teams wait until cutdowns, and grab players when it won't cost them any draft picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    A Dobbs/ Rogers package can get us something decent

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    That's iron city BOTTLES...We are not getting THAT much in return!

Banned

User Info Menu

Hahahaha...

Colts are looking for back up qb help. Dobbs needs to be in that conversation. Throw in Burns to sweeten the deal. Lol