Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which player on our roster is most likely to get traded before the cutdowon to 53?

Legend

User Info Menu

Which player on our roster is most likely to get traded before the cutdowon to 53?

If Colbert is looking to possibly add some more depth at tight end or safety (or if we are just looking to add some more late round draft capital next year), which current player do you think most likely gets traded before our 90 man offseason roster gets trimmed down to our 53 man regular season roster at the end of this month?

QB Josh Dobbs (with Rudolph showing he can handle the backup role and Hodges looking like an intriguing developmental QB3)?

WR Eli Rogers (with Ben developing more of a rapport with fellow slot receiver Ryan Switzer and CFL import Diontae Spencer potentially offering more of an impact as a return man to be worth keeping as our WR6)?

CB Artie Burns (after not picking up his 5th year option, using a 3rd round draft pick on Justin Layne, and Cam Sutton stepping up his game in camp this year)?

OT Jerald Hawkins (with the starting 5 OL set, Finney and Chuks established as our gameday backups, plus Zach Banner and Fred Johnson seeming to solidify their grasps on the 8th and 9th OL spots)?

Anybody else I haven't mentioned?

Or do you think Colbert does not make another trade before the season starts?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Colbert is looking to possibly add some more depth at tight end or safety (or if we are just looking to add some more late round draft capital next year), which current player do you think most likely gets traded before our 90 man offseason roster gets trimmed down to our 53 man regular season roster at the end of this month?

QB Josh Dobbs (with Rudolph showing he can handle the backup role and Hodges looking like an intriguing developmental QB3)?

WR Eli Rogers (with Ben developing more of a rapport with fellow slot receiver Ryan Switzer and CFL import Diontae Spencer potentially offering more of an impact as a return man to be worth keeping as our WR6)?

CB Artie Burns (after not picking up his 5th year option, using a 3rd round draft pick on Justin Layne, and Cam Sutton stepping up his game in camp this year)?

OT Jerald Hawkins (with the starting 5 OL set, Finney and Chuks established as our gameday backups, plus Zach Banner and Fred Johnson seeming to solidify their grasps on the 8th and 9th OL spots)?

Anybody else I haven't mentioned?

Or do you think Colbert does not make another trade before the season starts?
    Of the four you have mentioned, I would say that the most likely is Rogers.

Dobbs is a QB, and was the #2 last year. First you have to determine that he has fallen to #4 before you risk a QB who is going to make the roster for a late round pick.

Hawkins hasn't looked great in the pre-season, but I'd also say that Banner and Chuks haven't either. By all accounts they have all had a nice camp, but, again, it is tough to give away Hawkins for a late pick until you are sure that he has been surpassed by nine other guys on the roster.

Burns is currently (if we believe what we hear) on the roster for 2019. He is still a first round pick and an excellent athlete. In the world of risk vs. reward, he still have the slim chance of playing well if called upon. There is almost no reward coming back. I think the Steelers already showed their cards by keeping him around long enough to collect his roster bonus.

Rogers, although with the most experience of his group, is fighting 3 or 4 other guys for maybe one spot. The "set in stone" group of receivers is: JJSS, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson. Of those vying for the remaining 1 or 2 spots, Switzer is a holdover, there are a couple of young guys in Spencer and Holton who have shown that they bring some skills to the table, and then you have a real long shots like Griffey, Jones, and Reilly. I think that the difference between Rogers and Switzer is negligible at best, and that if the team keeps six then they might prefer the special teams contributions of Holton or Spencer. I predicted at the start of camp that not both Switzer and Rogers would make the team so I'll stick with it and say that Rogers is the one who doesn't make it out of camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we decide to keep EIi, the 6 WR on our roster would be JJSS, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Switzer, and Rogers.

In that case, we'd likely try to add Spencer and Holton to our practice squad.

If we are able to trade Eli, I'd say that would elevate Spencer onto the 53 man roster (JJSS, Moncrief, Washington, Switzer, and the two Diontaes).

In that case, I'd say we go for Holton and Tevin Jones to our practice squad (sorry...Ken Griffey III)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don’t see any of these guys being traded.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I think none will be traded.
    If there were a trade, I think most likely would be an OL, maybe Hawkins or Chuks.
    Rogers, I don't think another team will trade because there will be a lot of decent WRs available after cuts.
    Dobbs, No.
    Burns, again there will be CBs available after cuts.
    Last edited by STH70; 08-23-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would say Artie based on potential and draft status...I would like to see a player for player upgrade,TE would be my choice... McDonald is injury prone and we're screwed if he goes down...

If this kind of move were made...I think that would create another move making Grimble expendable

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Dobbs and Rogers are the only ones with trade value and it isn't much for either of them.

Burns has shown up and played well. I'm surprised that a board who has cried for CB depth for 5 years would even consider going down one less, especially given that layne has shown he is a couple of year away and Brian Allen has been average at best.

Most likely is that the Steelers play it safe and keep all those guys with Hawkins going to the PS

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rogers is worthy of a roster spot even if it isn't with us. His special team skills could draw some interest kind of like when we got Switz . Return would be low like a 7th rounder but it's something.
    Guys that may be able to play both tackle positions even in a back up roll draw interest. Hawkins may intrigue someone but again at best I would say a 7th, perhaps a 7th in 2021.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Rogers is a trade candidate. He is a good route runner out of the slot and I think they keep Switzer. Wouldn't be a huge return - 6th would be best case scenario - but maybe it happens. If Hawkins shows a lot of promise, maybe he gets a late pick, but I'd seem him as more likely to be a waiver pickup than somebody you trade for.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Dobbs and Rogers are the only ones with trade value and it isn't much for either of them
    we would be lucky to get a conditional 7th for either one if them, imo