Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: NE Patrick Chung Indicted

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: NE Patrick Chung Indicted

Apparently Tomlin isn't the only HC that can't control his troops.

Per multiple sources Chung was indicted today on cocaine charges.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The whole “NE doesn’t have off the field problems” was always hilarious.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you want to hang out, you've got to take her out...

When your day is done, and you want to ride on...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

She don’t lie
    She don’t lie
    She don’t lie...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

LOL

Seriously though, I want that whole miserable team and organization to implode. I'm so incredibly sick of them it physically hurts to think about it. And now we're forced to watch their 6-ring ceremony for our opener. Disgusting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Imagine if they caught Belichick and Brady with cocaine.

Even Goodell would have a hard time sweeping that under the rug, I'd think.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Imagine if they caught Belichick and Brady with cocaine.

Even Goodell would have a hard time sweeping that under the rug, I'd think.
    That would be almost as bad as if Kraft were caught paying for sex at a massa....oh never mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    LOL

Seriously though, I want that whole miserable team and organization to implode. I'm so incredibly sick of them it physically hurts to think about it. And now we're forced to watch their 6-ring ceremony for our opener. Disgusting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patrick Chung will face no league punishment, likely for a while
    By Mike Florio | Aug 22, 2019, 4:40 PM EDT

With Patriots safety Patrick Chung indicted on felony cocaine possession charges, Patriots fans are bracing for (and non-Patriots fans are rooting for) Chung not being available this season. While that would happen if the Patriots choose to release Chung, the league cannot suspend Chung, with or without pay, based on these allegations.

Chung’s alleged misconduct does not fall under the Personal Conduct Policy. The substance-abuse policy covers criminal conduct involving substances of abuse, and the substance-abuse policy contains clear language on what can, and thus can’t, be done to a player who merely faces criminal charges, whether misdemeanor or felony.

First, nothing can be done until the charges are resolved. The league can’t, and won’t, conduct its own investigation and take action independent of the criminal process.

Second, Chung can’t be suspended with pay pending resolution of the charges. It’s simply not available under the substance-abuse policy. The Commissioner-Exempt list applies only to potential Personal Conduct Policy violations involving alleged crimes of violence.

Third, Chung will be subject to NFL discipline only if he ultimately is found responsible for a drug-related offense. This requires a conviction, a guilty plea, a no-contest plea, or entry into a diversion program. If Chung fights the charges and wins exoneration, the league can do nothing.

Unless the wheels of justice move more quickly than they usually do, this case won’t be resolved until at the 2019 season, at the earliest. Thus, the league will do nothing — indeed, the league can do nothing — until the case ends, at the earliest. While this doesn’t prevent the Patriots from making roster decisions in light of the allegations against Chung, it definitely keeps the league from imposing any sort of sanction.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I suspect Goodell will actually come down really hard on this one, with a 10 week suspension for Chung, likely for weeks 20-30 of the season.