Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're gonna have issues with the rats

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We're gonna have issues with the rats

Jackson burning the field. 9/9 for 4TDs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thats impossible. According to Steel Maniac Lamar is trash and would show us how terrible he was in the first 3 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see Lamar as the modern Kordell or Vick. Amazing arm and athleticism, but not consistent or accurate.

He’ll destroy us when he’s on, and fail miserably when he isn’t.

I liked Lamar coming out and think he has unlimited upside just like Cam Newton, but both of these guys have shown a lack of consistency. Either could lead their team to a SuperBowl or a 7-9 season.

I think he’ll be dangerous to us for years and we’ll risk losing 2 games to Baltimore as long as he’s in the league. But we’ll just as likely beat them 2x.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's got good sidekicks. Ingram is the real deal.
    Rats 42-3 -- at *halftime*!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He’s playing against the Dolphins. Let’s not crown Lamar MVP already. One DB for the Dolphins has 4 holding penalties alone in the first half. My son is a Dolphins fan and even he knows this team traded away most of their talent for draft picks for a massive rebuild.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I see Lamar as the modern Kordell or Vick. Amazing arm and athleticism, but not consistent or accurate.

Hell destroy us when hes on, and fail miserably when he isnt.

I liked Lamar coming out and think he has unlimited upside just like Cam Newton, but both of these guys have shown a lack of consistency. Either could lead their team to a SuperBowl or a 7-9 season.

I think hell be dangerous to us for years and well risk losing 2 games to Baltimore as long as hes in the league. But well just as likely beat them 2x.
    I think we need to see him for a year or 2 as a starter before we make judgements on his inaccuracy.

He was thrown into the fire his rookie year.

Full year of camp as the starter and an offense tailored to his strengths... he sure looks accurate in his first game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think we need to see him for a year or 2 as a starter before we make judgements on his inaccuracy.

He was thrown into the fire his rookie year.

Full year of camp as the starter and an offense tailored to his strengths... he sure looks accurate in his first game.
    I hear you. I’m going off of what i saw of him in college mostly re: his consistency/accuracy.

Maybe he can get better with coaching, but I don’t see a big difference coming. I suspect he’ll always be great and mediocre at the same time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    He’s playing against the Dolphins. Let’s not crown Lamar MVP already. One DB for the Dolphins has 4 holding penalties alone in the first half. My son is a Dolphins fan and even he knows this team traded away most of their talent for draft picks for a massive rebuild.
    This.

I think they are generally under rated, but the Dolphins are tanking this year, so I'm not sure it's a good yard stick

Legend

User Info Menu

Dolphins aren't even college level team. They've been gutted for draft picks next year.
    Game is irrelevant for how Ravens will be this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Blowouts happen. We had one last year against Carolina. Win by 1, win by 50 - still a win. I need a full season of LJ before I start getting excited or worried.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!