Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns Hype Reaching New Levels

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns Hype Reaching New Levels

Heard on local radio this AM that the Browns have the second most early wagers in Vegas to win the SB this season....

.....but here is another take. I thought the comments on NE were pretty interesting. btw, no Steeler sighting on the list:

NFL Betting Breakdown
    1. New England Patriots: +700 Super Bowl Odds
    Many of the NFL’s rule changes have been friendly towards the Patriots in recent years, allowing QB Tom Brady to remain in business at age 42 – and helping New England reach four of the last five Super Bowls, winning three of them. Brady is reportedly signing a two-year contract extension that will keep him in Foxborough through 2021. There’s also a good chance he’ll have WR Josh Gordon to throw at later this year, after Gordon filed with the league office for re-instatement.

2. Kansas City Chiefs: +800 Super Bowl Odds
    The Chiefs nearly cashed in their odds to win Super Bowl glory last year, but they fell to the Patriots at the AFC title game. The return of injured RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif should help QB Patrick Mahomes put up some more MVP-quality numbers, but Kansas City’s defense still needs some work. Maybe Thursday’s signing of CB Morris Claiborne will help, although he’ll miss the first four games to a PED suspension.

3. New Orleans Saints: +850 Super Bowl Odds
    The new PI rules are obviously in response to the Saints, who may have lost the NFC title game to the No. 4 team on our list because of a missed call. This could help 40-year-old QB Drew Brees get some more mileage out of his golden right arm. However, he’ll have a new center to protect him after Max Unger retired, and it looks like rookie Erik McCoy has the inside track on that job after the Saints traded up to grab him in the second round (No. 48 overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.

4. Los Angeles Rams: +900 Super Bowl Odds
    The Rams have a lot of holes to fill if they want their NFL Vegas odds to improve. The trenches are the focus here, with two spots open on the offensive line now that OG Rodger Saffold and center John Sullivan are gone – and a giant gap at nose tackle where Ndamukong Suh used to be. But they do have a strong receiving corps with Cooper Kupp returning from his torn ACL. Kupp may or may not be ready for their season opener versus the Carolina Panthers, though.

5. Chicago Bears: +1200 Super Bowl Odds
    Chicago’s 2019 Super Bowl odds may have been a bargain at +6600, but now that they’re the defending NFC North champions, the Bears have lost all that betting value to raised expectations. They’ll have trouble meeting those expectations after leading the league with 27 interceptions (and five pick-sixes), a high-variance stat that’s difficult to reproduce from year to year.

6. Cleveland Browns: +1200 Super Bowl Odds
    Cleveland’s offensive outlook for 2019-20 was downgraded slightly on Thursday when RB Duke Johnson Jr. got the trade he was looking for; he’s headed to the Houston Texans for a conditional fourth-round pick that could become a third-rounder if Johnson plays more than 10 games this year. RB Kareem Hunt (suspension, personal conduct) will miss the first eight games for the Browns.

7. Philadelphia Eagles: +1200 Super Bowl Odds
    The Eagles are climbing back up the NFL lines, but they’ll have to do something about their defense after losing LB Kamu Grugier-Hill and DE Joe Ostman to knee injuries over the weekend. Grugier-Hill probably won’t be ready for the season opener against Washington, while Ostman has been placed on injured reserve.

Legend

User Info Menu

the Browns obviously are going to go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl by 50 points...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not a gambler so I don't really keep up with this stuff but I am curious... how often do they get it right? How often has the team with the best odds to win the Super Bowl, actually won?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Browns hype is real. I’m curious to see if a quiet offseason leads to a successful team on the field.

I really don’t think there is a correlation between the two. The other team gets paid too. Comes down to plays on the field. How happy will fans be if we are 6-10 but have a team that likes each other in the locker room?

Just win dammit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    I'm not a gambler so I don't really keep up with this stuff but I am curious... how often do they get it right? How often has the team with the best odds to win the Super Bowl, actually won?
    From what I could find, over the last 19 years, the preseason favorite has won the SuperBowl 3 times. 2018 and 2016 Patriots and the 2006 Colts. In 10 of those 19 years, the favorite at least made the SuperBowl.

So there's a 53% chance the Pats make the SuperBowl and a 16% chance they win it.

Although if we just look at the last 3 years where they were the favorites, there'd be a 100% chance they make the SuperBowl and 66% chance they win it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    From what I could find, over the last 19 years, the preseason favorite has won the SuperBowl 3 times. 2018 and 2016 Patriots and the 2006 Colts. In 10 of those 19 years, the favorite at least made the SuperBowl.

So there's a 53% chance the Pats make the SuperBowl and a 16% chance they win it.

Although if we just look at the last 3 years where they were the favorites, there'd be a 100% chance they make the SuperBowl and 66% chance they win it.
    Thanks. Their success literally makes me nauseous.

Sorta, kinda related to this... was just talking to a co-worker. Jets fan. We agreed that there are a few reasons we'd like to see Brady retired. But for me, I want to see if BB can sustain their success without Brady. I don't think he can.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Thanks. Their success literally makes me nauseous.

Sorta, kinda related to this... was just talking to a co-worker. Jets fan. We agreed that there are a few reasons we'd like to see Brady retired. But for me, I want to see if BB can sustain their success without Brady. I don't think he can.
    I doubt he will have as much success without Brady.

Which is why all these theories for their moves are nonsense.

They probably win 5 less SB’s without Brady.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I doubt he will have as much success without Brady.

Which is why all these theories for their moves are nonsense.

They probably win 5 less SB’s without Brady.
    exactly, check out Belichick's record when he coached the Cleveland Browns to see how he does without a franchise QB like Brady...

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    exactly, check out Belichick's record when he coached the Cleveland Browns to see how he does without a franchise QB like Brady...
    Look at the record of all teams who’ve won without a franchise qb. Very few

Legend

User Info Menu

The combo of OBJ and Landry has their fans wetting their pants.

Admittedly it will be tough to defend so I hope the Steelers can get creative. This seems to be their approach with 3 safeties in the backfield. But... they still gotta make plays.