Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we have a slow start 2019?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will we have a slow start 2019?

OK, we have won 2 preseason games but, some main starters haven't played yet...to be good you have to have enough reps and practice with team mates.
    I'm worried again for Ben and some others that we still are not having them play enough in preseason to come out of the gate on fire....
    I guess, we will see soon enough.....

Legend

User Info Menu

We usually start slow. I don't see any significant changes in the way we're going about things to indicate that things will be different this year. But maybe I'm missing something.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we start out the season about 500.

Patriots - Loss
    Seattle - Win
    SF - Loss
    Cincy - Win

I think by season end, we'll be around 10-6 or 9-7.

Ben's season opener will be Baltimore in Week 5 after he gets some reps. I think he'll be ready to make a run by week 9 against Indy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably.

I just hope we come out agressive against the cheaters. If the defense is playing 10 yards off the receivers all game, it'll be difficult to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Patriots - Loss
    Seattle - Win
    SF - Loss
    Cincy - Win

Ben's season opener will be Baltimore in Week 5 after he gets some reps. I think he'll be ready to make a run by week 9 against Indy.
    I think if we start slow, it will be about the opponents and not the number of snaps Ben (and company) got in the preseason.

We've got a pretty rough schedule before the bye. Flippy's got the first 4 listed in his post (but didn't not that we're @ NE and @SF).

Before the bye we have

@ Pats
    Seahawks
    @49ers
    Bengals
    Ravens
    @ SD

All three of those road games should be tough. The Pats are the best in the business and flights to the west coast can be difficult.

The Bengals game should be a pretty safe win. But, the Rats game will be hard and so will the Seahawks.

I think that going into the bye at 500 or better will be pretty positive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Probably.

I just hope we come out agressive against the cheaters. If the defense is playing 10 yards off the receivers all game, it'll be difficult to watch.
    We have played them pretty well the last two times we faced them. Hoping for another competitive game, but it's tough for us to get wins in NE.

Legend

User Info Menu

We start the season with New England, and they also have tended to start slow in recent seasons.

Last year, they won their opener against the Texans (27-20), but then lost back-to-back games to the Jaguars (31-20) and Lions (26-10) to start the 2018 season at 1-2.

The year before, they got blasted by the Chiefs in their opener (42-27...and this was the Alex Smith led Chiefs, not the high flying Pat Mahomes Chiefs). They bounced back to beat the Saints (36-20) and Texans (36-33) before falling to the Panthers (33-30) to start the 2017 season at 2-2.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Patriots - Loss
    Seattle - Win
    SF - Loss
    Cincy - Win

we have a reasonable showing against the Pats during the regular season.. It's the postseason where they own us.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

We will be 3-1 after first four games

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We will be 3-1 after first four games
    I can see us starting strong, going 3-0 and losing to the Bengals. I'd actually be ok with that.