Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ola Had Surgery

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Could be good to go for NE when the games actually count.
    having had a torn meniscus, I highly doubt he will play Week 1 versus the Cheatriots.

and in case you still doubt me, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Good. Shouldn't need to start the season on IR like last year and miss more than half the season. Might miss only the last 3 preseason games. Could be good to go for NE when the games actually count.
    I think he'll miss a bunch of playing time because of it even if he's back week 1.

He's lost a bunch of time he could have used to earn trust from the coaching staff.

Big injuries two preseasons in a row is bad. Hope he can get healthy and contribute.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    Gerry Dulac

Verified account

@gerrydulac
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    Ola Adeniyi has meniscus tear. Out 2-4 weeks min
    My reaction when I first saw this is if you are stating the min length of time, why give a range? 2-4 min means 2 weeks min. My next reaction was how is he recovering from meniscus surgery in 2 weeks? Sounds really way off. I can't see a doctor saying that your timeline for recovery and getting back to playing football is possibly two weeks. My next reaction was then: uh oh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    having had a torn meniscus, I highly doubt he will play Week 1 versus the Cheatriots.

and in case you still doubt me, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...
    Ditto. Having that injury and doing much less than playing in the NFL, I'd be shocked if he can be game ready before week 3 or 4

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers’ Lavon Hooks out for year with Achilles tear

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 21, 2019, 11:44 PM EDT

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman Lavon Hooks will miss the 2019 season after sustaining a torn Achilles in practice, according to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network.

Hooks has tried to forge a path in the NFL after going undrafted out of the University of Mississippi in 2015. However, he has yet to appear in a regular season game.

He signed with the Green Bay Packers following the 2015 NFL Draft and was released at the end of training camp. The Steelers then signed him the following February and he’s spent each summer with the team since, occasionally finding his way onto the team’s practice squad as well.

Hooks played in both preseason games for the Steelers this month, recording one tackle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/report-steelers-lavon-hooks-out-for-year-with-achilles-tear/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Jayrone Elliott

Posted by Josh Alper on August 22, 2019, 12:22 PM EDT

Wednesday brought word that Steelers defensive lineman Lavon Hooks tore his Achilles and that meant it was only a matter of time before the team made a move to replace Hooks on the active roster.

That move came on Thursday. The Steelers announced the signing of linebacker Jayrone Elliott and that they have waived Hooks with an injury designation.

Elliott played in 38 games for the Packers between 2014 and 2016 and then moved on to the Cowboys in a 2017 trade. He played one game in Dallas, but was waived before the second week of the season. He spent time with the Saints in 2018 and played in the Alliance of American Football this year before a short stint with the Dolphins.

Elliott has 57 tackles, four sacks, an interception and a forced fumble over the course of his career.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/22/steelers-sign-jayrone-elliott/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

With former Toledo LB Ola Adeniyi currently on the mend from surgery, and former Toledo LB Tuzar Skipper performing well in his place, why not add yet another former Toledo LB in Jayrone Elliott?

Three guys playing the same position from the same small MAC school...why not?!?!?

Consider that we also currently have Toledo alums WR Diontae Johnson and CB Trevon Mathis and there are now currently more players on our roster who came from the Toledo Freaking Rockets than any other college program. How weird is that?

Toledo was tied with Tennessee (Josh Dobbs, Ramon Foster, Dan McCullers, and Cam Sutton) and Maryland (Sean Davis, Trey Edmunds, Derwin Gray, and Damian Prince) yesterday, but this signing gives the University of Toledo the crown all to itself right now.

Of course, the Vols should win back the title once we get down to 53, since all of those Tennessee players are expected to survive final cuts right now.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 08-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.