Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karl joseph

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Karl Joseph was a first round pick before Jon Gruden arrived. So was Khalil Mack. So was Amari Cooper. He doesn't have their level of talent, but Gruden had no problem trading former first picks from before his time away.

Gruden wants his own players, not the prior regime's. So he signed Joyner to a big money deal to be his FS, and drafted Abram in the first round to be his SS, making Joseph potentially expendable (especially since they did not take advantage of the 5th year option on his rookie contract).

If we traded for Joseph, he wouldn't replace Sean Davis or Terrell Edmunds in our starting lineup. But he would likely be a better depth option for us than guys like Marcus Allen, Jordan Dangerfield, or Kameron Kelly.
    so, since his option was declined, I presume the team receiving him cannot "accept" it. Meaning, you get him for this year and only this year... I wouldn't give up a pick for that, but, I'd give up a player that wasn't going to make the team. I'm just not sure if what the Steelers would be willing to give would be enough to get him.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The problem with Joseph is he is a strong safety. We have those coming out of our ears. Edmunds, I think, is going to be a very good SS. What we need is a ball hawking FS and that isn't Joseph.