User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    That is freakin hilarious...and true

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...for-new-helmet

Unbelievable. He got to miss almost all of training camp. And all his whining will likely get him PAID to wear a new helmet design:

Seems it keeps paying off for AB to be a jerk:

Antonio Brown played his final card in an attempt to wear his preferred helmet brand. The bid was hit with a big fat D-E-N-I-E-D on Sunday, leaving the Oakland Raiders receiver with no choice but to move on.
    Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed to Sirius XM NFL Radio on Sunday that's precisely the plan.
    "We're going to move on," Rosenhaus said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "That door is closed."

Brown's latest denied appeal was the second attempt to get an independent arbitrator to allow him to wear his helmet in 2019. Both attempts were shut down swiftly.

The failure isn't a total loss for "Mr. Big Chest." Rosenhaus said the publicity from the helmet kerfuffle has spurred business opportunities for the Raiders receiver, who will likely sport a custom helmet and get paid by a brand to be a sponsor.
    "As a result of all the publicity accrued from our efforts to get him to wear that helmet, he has multiple offers on the table right now from various companies to custom-make a helmet for him and pay him quite a bit of money," Rosenhaus said. "We have found, without getting into specifics, some very suitable alternatives. We're very excited. Antonio will be wearing a helmet. He won't be missing any time, and he'll be getting paid a lot of money to do so. It's sort of a happy ending, even though he won't be able to wear the old helmet."

As has been the case with Brown the last several years: Despite the shenanigans that follow him, business is in fact still Boomin'.

The Raiders wanted Brown to be all-in before the regular season. With two weeks before Jon Gruden's team opens up on Monday Night Football against the Denver Broncos, it appears all of Brown's issues will be in the past.

"The helmet and the foot, all that is behind him now," Rosenhaus said. "He's entirely focused on football and is ready to have another prototype Antonio Brown season. He's going to flourish with Jon Gruden and Derek Carr. I'm very excited for him moving forward."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I keep saying it... it’s fruitless to bash AB and Bell and think you will win the day.

These guys are extremely talented and worth a ton of money to businesses.

Hell, if anything the haters have helped them earn more money by clicking on every story or tweet and celebrating cheap victories.

Injury is your only hope as that’s a pretty terrible way to live life...

wishing injury is classless.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I keep saying it... it’s fruitless to bash AB and Bell and think you will win the day.

Hell, if anything the haters have helped them earn more money by clicking on every story or tweet and celebrating cheap victories.

I think people wishing injury are very few. I just hate seeing jerks rewarded for jerk-like behavior. There are right ways and wrong ways to go about things. I'm fine with how Bell went about trying to get what he felt he was worth, even though no one won in the end.

AB is just classless and not a good human.

Legend

User Info Menu

I only wish injury on the true scumbags who attack women and/or children like Ray Rice, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, or Tyreek Hill. Those lowlifes deserve every last ounce of pain they receive.

I don't wish injury on AB (he'll almost certainly do himself in with his own continuing douchebaggery).

I don't wish injury on Bell (in fact, I hope he does really well against BAL, CIN, CLE, and NEX2).

I don't wish injury on Brady (I'll crack a smile at every embarrassing defeat and/or scandal, though).

I guess I do wish injury on Burfict before we have play him (just so that sociopath can't take out any of our players with a cheap shot).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown to Ben Roethlisberger: Shut up already

Posted by Josh Alper on August 27, 2019, 4:20 PM EDT

Antonio Brown replaced barbs directed toward the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger with frostbitten feet and helmet grievances this summer, but he’s back to playing the hits now that the latter two fronts have quieted down.

During an interview with Michelle Tafoya for the Sunday Night Football telecast of the Steelers’ game against the Titans, Roethlisberger again said that he regretted calling Brown out publicly after a loss to the Broncos last season.

“Obviously it ruined a friendship,” Roethlisberger said.

Brown replied to a tweet sharing video of that interview on Tuesday and made it clear that he doesn’t feel that there was any friendship to ruin between the two players. He also suggests that Roethlisberger find other topics of conversation.

“Never friends just had to get my ends…….shut up already,” Brown wrote.

The Raiders and Steelers don’t play each other this season, although it remains to be seen whether or not that leads to everyone shutting up about the way things ended for Brown in Pittsburgh.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/27/antonio-brown-to-ben-roethlisberger-shut-up-already/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lmao.. AB is one to talk.

It’s definitely time to turn the page.

Starter

User Info Menu

Lmao.. AB is one to talk.

It’s definitely time to turn the page.
    Crazy Ex!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

AB will get his when he is sitting at home for another postseason.... then again, he may not give a patootie about it as long as he got paid.