Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Will It End?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Where Will It End?!?

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/stat...82722998382592

Terez A. Paylor
    @TerezPaylor
    Lots of great thoughts on the #Ravens #Steelers #Browns and how Dak and Mahomes are BOTH eyeing a $40m/year contract 👀

Banned

User Info Menu

Dak is bearly worth 20 mil in reality. He turned down a 30 mil offer already. You dont pay game managers 40 mil a year
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 08-12-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Take a look at baseball and basketball contracts. It’s going to keep going up. Might as well accept it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Take a look at baseball and basketball contracts. It’s going to keep going up. Might as well accept it.
    Bad comparison.
    82 games worth of money results in salaries divided by only TWELVE guys.
    What would salaries be if you only paid the starting offense......that is the NBA.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

This is where you miss the boat Dizz. You never factor in the fact that you have a finite cap you need to deal with.
    It doesnt matter what piece of that pie a player thinks he "deserves". All that matters is are you better off with him or without him...AND the extra dough saved by not paying him.

QB is the most valuable position. Seahawk RIGHTLY paid a guy who is not easily replaced.

Cowboys? Dak can walk before he gets no 30 mil.....he aint getting more than 20 from me.

There are like 4 QBs that changed teams last year for far less that I rank with Dak,.
    All said and done if Zek and Dak get what they want they lock up 50 mil between the 2 of them. That means LESS for other positions.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This is where you miss the boat Dizz. You never factor in the fact that you have a finite cap you need to deal with.
    It doesnt matter what piece of that pie a player thinks he "deserves". All that matters is are you better off with him or without him...AND the extra dough saved by not paying him.

QB is the most valuable position. Seahawk RIGHTLY paid a guy who is not easily replaced.

Cowboys? Dak can walk before he gets no 30 mil.....he aint getting more than 20 from me.

There are like 4 QBs that changed teams last year for far less that I rank with Dak,.
    All said and done if Zek and Dak get what they want they lock up 50 mil between the 2 of them. That means LESS for other positions.
    Because there IS a salary cap. A cap put in place so owners don't over spend and are forced to think about short and long term expenditures. Dak is a game manager..period. He can't carry an offense if need be. QB's that can carry an offense are paid the premium. Mahomes is arguably one of the greatest QB's I've seen...and I've seen a lot of them. He has all the tools..nothing that he can't do that is required at his position.

Dak? He isn't even the most important player in his offense. Zek is. No Zek, Dak struggles mightily. And they would be an 8 win team (at best) without Zek.

Legend

User Info Menu

And the more those guys get paid, the less money there is left to go around to rest of the team. That's the way it works with a salary cap. I'd love to see the Cowboys pay Dak a deal in excess of the $30 million he turned down - it would cripple that team for the duration of the contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    And the more those guys get paid, the less money there is left to go around to rest of the team. That's the way it works with a salary cap. I'd love to see the Cowboys pay Dak a deal in excess of the $30 million he turned down - it would cripple that team for the duration of the contract.
    Exactly, I'm all for OTHER TEAMS being stupid.

It is an edge for smart teams.

We just need to be one of those teams.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Because there IS a salary cap. A cap put in place so owners don't over spend and are forced to think about short and long term expenditures. .
    Purpose of the cap is competitive balance. You dont have an old school "Yankees" out spending everybody leading to a dynasty because they have greater income outside of the league structure. The union negotiates that number as a percentage of league earnings.

When I suggest "not" paying a player what he wants, it is not to enrich owners. It is not anti-player. It is because there are times when that money can be spent on OTHER players to the benefit of the overall strength of the team.

TCFCLTC-

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Purpose of the cap is competitive balance. You dont have an old school "Yankees" out spending everybody leading to a dynasty because they have greater income outside of the league structure. The union negotiates that number as a percentage of league earnings.

When I suggest "not" paying a player what he wants, it is not to enrich owners. It is not anti-player. It is because there are times when that money can be spent on OTHER players to the benefit of the overall strength of the team.
    Exactly.. that is the overall purpose of the cap. And I too would love for Jerry to be brain dead enough to give Dak 40 mil a year. But his son seems to be sharp enough to corral his dad and not let him be that stupid.