Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Will It End?!?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Right, you don't see the salary paid to any position decrease. So if you pay your QB $30 or $40 million, there is less money to go around.

As an example, f Ben had a cap hit of $30 million instead of $26 million, you probably wouldn't see Steven Nelson on the team this year.
    Yup. Instead of acquiring one more skill guy in FA you either use the draft or just go with what you got.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Jones is 76 yrs old. Likely getting desperate for one more SB before he meets his maker.
    Desperate owners make desperate choices. The 'Boys may give Dak what he wants.

While I know Jerry wants a SB what he also wants is a stadium filled with fans who think they have a shot at a SB.

You don’t do that by playing hardball with your QB. While I’m sure Dak won’t get 40 mill he will probably get more than 30.

I wonder how Dak feels about Zeke trying to jump to the front of the line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I wonder how Dak feels about Zeke trying to jump to the front of the line.
    I wonder how Zeke feels about his second fiddle turning down about double the money that he is hoping to receive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I wonder how Zeke feels about his second fiddle turning down about double the money that he is hoping to receive.
    Why would a GM allow himself to be in the predicament of having to give the QB, RB and WR all extensions in the same year?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Why would a GM allow himself to be in the predicament of having to give the QB, RB and WR all extensions in the same year?
    Damn good question. Funny coincidence though.

Here is the state of the game though...Elliot was drafted 4th overall in 2016. Prescott drafted 135th overall the same year. I think it is safe to say that Zeke has had a better career so far. It is also pretty common that Zeke is mentioned as a top 5 back in the league. Dak would rarely receive a mention as a top ten QB. As a first rounder, Zeke can be tagged with the fifth year option. Dak is done his contract and up for a new one after 4 years.

Using Bell as a standard, Elliot would do well to receive a 4-5 year offer around $15M per year and a little over half guaranteed. Dak has (allegedly) turned down $30M per year. Even on a short three year deal he would probably be guaranteed almost as much as Zeke hopes to make over an entire 5 year deal.

As much as we all agree that the QB position is far more important than the RB position, given the choice to choose one of those two players for a team, I go Zeke each and every time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well I doubt when they drafted Dak in the 4th round they were thinking that they might to pay him big money and they got Cooper during the season last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No one expected Dak to play this good. While people bash him and say he isn’t in the top 10 that RARELY has anything to do with big contracts for QB’s. It’s all about timing. Plus, he is pretty damn good at extending plays and moving the chains.

Zeke is still the best player on that team but Dak also makes them much better.

I can see them giving Cooper a contract they can move on from in a year or 2 to balance things out.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Damn good question. Funny coincidence though.

Here is the state of the game though...Elliot was drafted 4th overall in 2016. Prescott drafted 135th overall the same year. I think it is safe to say that Zeke has had a better career so far. It is also pretty common that Zeke is mentioned as a top 5 back in the league. Dak would rarely receive a mention as a top ten QB. As a first rounder, Zeke can be tagged with the fifth year option. Dak is done his contract and up for a new one after 4 years.

Using Bell as a standard, Elliot would do well to receive a 4-5 year offer around $15M per year and a little over half guaranteed. Dak has (allegedly) turned down $30M per year. Even on a short three year deal he would probably be guaranteed almost as much as Zeke hopes to make over an entire 5 year deal.

As much as we all agree that the QB position is far more important than the RB position, given the choice to choose one of those two players for a team, I go Zeke each and every time.
    Spot on...Every time!

Legend

User Info Menu

Dak is bearly worth 20 mil in reality. He turned down a 30 mil offer already. You dont pay game managers 40 mil a year
    Michael Lombardi

@mlombardiNFL

Not paying him 30 is easy for me, not paying 40 becomes laughable. Who the fu@k is advising these players?

Aug 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL?ref...-Per-Year-Deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Jerry Jones after Tony Pollard impresses: 'Zeke who?'

By Andie Hagemann
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: Aug. 18, 2019

Dallas Cowboys rookie running back Tony Pollard once again impressed Saturday night in his second preseason start.

Pollard's back-to-back outings has Cowboys owner Jerry Jones joking to reporters that the 2019 fourth-round pick is Ezekiel Elliott's best negotiator: "Who? Now Zeke who?"

Elliott remains away from the team while the All-Pro running back seeks a new deal. In his absence, Pollard has been able to make an impact immediately for Dallas' offense.

Pollard had five carries for 42 yards and one touchdown in the Week 2 preseason matchup against the Rams.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ab-all-all-out