Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Where Will It End?!?

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/stat...82722998382592

Terez A. Paylor
    @TerezPaylor
    Lots of great thoughts on the #Ravens #Steelers #Browns and how Dak and Mahomes are BOTH eyeing a $40m/year contract 👀

Legend

User Info Menu

Dak is bearly worth 20 mil in reality. He turned down a 30 mil offer already. You dont pay game managers 40 mil a year
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 08-12-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Dak is bearly worth 20 mil in reality. He turned down a 30 mil offer already. You dont pay game managers 40 mil a year
    Michael Lombardi

@mlombardiNFL

Not paying him 30 is easy for me, not paying 40 becomes laughable. Who the fu@k is advising these players?

Aug 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL?ref...-Per-Year-Deal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Take a look at baseball and basketball contracts. It’s going to keep going up. Might as well accept it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Take a look at baseball and basketball contracts. It’s going to keep going up. Might as well accept it.
    Bad comparison.
    82 games worth of money results in salaries divided by only TWELVE guys.
    What would salaries be if you only paid the starting offense......that is the NBA.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Bad comparison.
    82 games worth of money results in salaries divided by only TWELVE guys.
    What would salaries be if you only paid the starting offense......that is the NBA.
    No it isn’t. As long as a sport is making money the contracts will continue to rise regardless of the sport or a cap or no cap.

Legend

User Info Menu

And the more those guys get paid, the less money there is left to go around to rest of the team. That's the way it works with a salary cap. I'd love to see the Cowboys pay Dak a deal in excess of the $30 million he turned down - it would cripple that team for the duration of the contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    And the more those guys get paid, the less money there is left to go around to rest of the team. That's the way it works with a salary cap. I'd love to see the Cowboys pay Dak a deal in excess of the $30 million he turned down - it would cripple that team for the duration of the contract.
    Exactly, I'm all for OTHER TEAMS being stupid.

It is an edge for smart teams.

We just need to be one of those teams.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

Definitely. But we rarely see a skill position contracts shrink.

The cap keeps going up too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Definitely. But we rarely see a skill position contracts shrink.

The cap keeps going up too.
    Right, you don't see the salary paid to any position decrease. So if you pay your QB $30 or $40 million, there is less money to go around.

As an example, f Ben had a cap hit of $30 million instead of $26 million, you probably wouldn't see Steven Nelson on the team this year.