Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 176

Thread: Where Will It End?!?

  1. #81
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    The Ram's paid Gurley last season and they were in the Superbowl, sure they played a bad game and lost but I think it shows that you can pay a RB and win. Besides you only have like 6 teams with "high paid" backs and only 3 of those backs make over 10 mil per year. There are a lot more teams with low paid backs not winning rings also so I'm not sure how you can make the correlation.
    I think you can pay a RB to take pressure off a young QB. But at some point, the money's gotta go to the QB and the RB has to leave for the sake of the team's overall quality. Even if you had a RB that would guarantee you 5 YPC on ever touch, he's gonna get hurt with enough carries and it's gonna bite you.

  2. #82
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Seems like a waste when Shazier will be back and league MVP.
    We'll just need a 3 MLB set.

  3. #83
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think you can pay a RB to take pressure off a young QB. But at some point, the money's gotta go to the QB and the RB has to leave for the sake of the team's overall quality. Even if you had a RB that would guarantee you 5 YPC on ever touch, he's gonna get hurt with enough carries and it's gonna bite you.
    They were able to pay Gurley because Geoff is still on a rookie deal. So all things being even, you don't pay that stupid money for a position that very replaceable. When Geoff gets his big money contract, lets see how many big money contracts the Rams give the RB position after this one with Gurley.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  4. #84
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I wouldn't advise giving a big money contract to the Toys R Us giraffe mascot.

    Geoff is pronounced like Jeff (i.e. Geoffrey the Giraffe).

    I can understand a misspelling when somebody has an complicated name like Olasunkanmi Adeniyi or Chukwuma Okorafor.

    But it's odd when folks take a straightforward name and just add unnecessary letters to it for no real reason.

    Turning Jared Goff into Jared Geoff is like turning Chuck Noll into Chuck Knoll.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  5. #85
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wouldn't advise giving a big money contract to the Toys R Us giraffe mascot.

    Geoff is pronounced like Jeff (i.e. Geoffrey the Giraffe).

    I can understand a misspelling when somebody has an complicated name like Olasunkanmi Adeniyi or Chukwuma Okorafor.

    But it's odd when folks take a straightforward name and just add unnecessary letters to it for no real reason.

    Turning Jared Goff into Jared Geoff is like turning Chuck Noll into Chuck Knoll.
    What?!?! Chuck Noll isn't Chuck Knoll!?!?

  6. #86
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What?!?! Chuck Noll isn't Chuck Knoll!?!?
    Mean Joe Green says stop

  7. #87
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Mean Joe Green says stop
    Everyone knows that it should be Meane Joe Green.

    And Kevin Green.

    And Eric Greene.

    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  8. #88
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Everyone knows that it should be Meane Joe Green.

    And Kevin Green.

    And Eric Greene.

    Beoom

  9. #89
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    The Ram's paid Gurley last season and they were in the Superbowl, sure they played a bad game and lost but I think it shows that you can pay a RB and win. Besides you only have like 6 teams with "high paid" backs and only 3 of those backs make over 10 mil per year. There are a lot more teams with low paid backs not winning rings also so I'm not sure how you can make the correlation.
    I am on record saying that you can get away with paying a back big bucks when the QB is on a rookie deal. So paying Gurley doesnt hurt as much.
    THAT SAID there are better ways to spend that excess money.

    I contend that their outstanding oline can make an average back shine.

    Proof?
    Gurley gets hurt, Rams sign old, washed up CJ Andersen who was averaging about 4 carries a game as a backup Panther.

    As a starter for injured Gurley, Anderson averaged about 150 yards per start (Gurley averaged 90) at 7 yards per carry.
    Rams won both games scoring 31 and a Rams season high of 48 in those games CJ started.
    Rushing, scoring.....all trended upward.

    Do I think CJ sustains that pace over a season? No

    How exactly were the Rams "hurt" by losing Gurley?

    A better back than CJ aint hard to find for A FRACTION of what they waste on Gurley.

    They will STILL have a dominant run game, AND be able to address another harder to fill position.

    Dude it is EXACTLY what happened when we didnt miss a step with old man DeAngelo Williams.
    Heck any old former Panther can get it done.

    Can we find out how to get a hold of Jonathan Stewart?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-23-2019 at 06:47 PM.

  10. #90
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Seems the 'Boys offered a contract to Zeke <Gurley but > Bell. Not sitting well with Zeke.... Jerry ain't happy that he isn't appreciating the offer....

    .. sound familiar?!?!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •