Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Will It End?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    No surprise. I knew Zeke would get big money and he deserves it.
    On one hand, I agree, even though I wouldn't want to be the owner to spend money on a RB.

But you gotta spend it on someone. Sometimes you have to zig when others zag to try and compete in a different way. And trying something is better than doing nothing and spending nothing like the Pirates.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    On one hand, I agree, even though I wouldn't want to be the owner to spend money on a RB.

But you gotta spend it on someone. Sometimes you have to zig when others zag to try and compete in a different way. And trying something is better than doing nothing and spending nothing like the Pirates.
    They are a much better team with Zeke as the focus of the offense.

It’s rarely a bad idea to give the best player on either side of the ball a nice contract that keeps them in your uniform for the next 5 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are a much better team with Zeke as the focus of the offense.

Itís rarely a bad idea to give the best player on either side of the ball a nice contract that keeps them in your uniform for the next 5 years.
    Keeps you competitive. Keeps you relevant in the fantasy football world which is also important on some level.

But does it help you compete for the next Lombardi? Not really, imho.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Keeps you competitive. Keeps you relevant in the fantasy football world which is also important on some level.

But does it help you compete for the next Lombardi? Not really, imho.
    Says who?

Rams just made a SB.

Dallas made the playoffs 2 of 3 years with Zeke. Playoffs give you a chance to win a SB.

The idea that not paying a RB gives you a better chance is completely false.

Pointing out one year when a team wins a SB and excluding all the other teams that had the same formula that DIDN’T make it that same year is the definition of cherry picking.

KC barely lost an AFCCG because a player was offsides. Saints missed out on a SB because the refs blew an obvious pass interference call.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and can anyone tell me which teams besides the Pats have the best chance to win a SB based on their cap distribution.

A few people on here love to look back and tell us why we should invest a certain way but rarely does that person predict the SB contenders before the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dallas and Zeke... we'll see who gets holding the bag. Hint... it won't be Zeke.

Let's see how these big money RB do this season in getting their teams to the post season... notice I set the bar lower, only asking for a playoff appearance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Says who?

Rams just made a SB.

Dallas made the playoffs 2 of 3 years with Zeke. Playoffs give you a chance to win a SB.

The idea that not paying a RB gives you a better chance is completely false.

Pointing out one year when a team wins a SB and excluding all the other teams that had the same formula that DIDNíT make it that same year is the definition of cherry picking.

KC barely lost an AFCCG because a player was offsides. Saints missed out on a SB because the refs blew an obvious pass interference call.
    I get that you have to pay the guys you have. And sometimes that's a RB, WR, TE, whatever. And you have to do the best you can with the players you have.

Can it get you to the playoffs? Sure. But will it get you to the top? Likely no. And that's good enough for most teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dallas and Zeke... we'll see who gets holding the bag. Hint... it won't be Zeke.

Let's see how these big money RB do this season in getting their teams to the post season... notice I set the bar lower, only asking for a playoff appearance.
    Dallas isn't even going to win that division. LOL
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

No surprise. I knew Zeke would get big money and he deserves it.
    Until his next suspension

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Of course the team holds the bag. They always hold the bag.