Thread: Steelers' Artie Burns is in a fight -- for his NFL life, and his dad's life

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers' Artie Burns is in a fight -- for his NFL life, and his dad's life

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-life-dad-life

Rooting for the young man. Could be a huge reason for the mental gaffs we see. A ton on his mental plate. Hope he makes the team and contributes...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whatever you want to say about his play on the field, this kid is a quality human being and deserving of all of the praise and respect one can muster. His draft was the first year I remember seeing that this team now places high character as its top priority in drafting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hes got a lot to be motivated for. Im still rooting for him. From a pure athleticism perspective, he still probably has the highest ceiling of any CB on our roster.

Im glad the Steeler have stuck with him and I hope it pays off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we're all unanimous that we want artie to succeed on the field and in life. those are some immense challenges he has, I really hope he has a breakout year.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

South Carolina has some crooked ass cops. They just dropped charges on a Georgia State QB who was accused of having cocoon on his car hood.

It was bird poop.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...wasnt-cocaine/

Artie probably had a lot more on his mind than football these last few years.

Each time whenI lost a parent the year after they were gone was a blur. Hope he bounces back and his dad gets justice if these numbers are indeed true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    South Carolina has some crooked ass cops. They just dropped charges on a Georgia State QB who was accused of having cocoon on his car hood.

It was bird poop.
    The auto-correct of "cocaine" to "cocoon" in this post is funny.

"The butterfly emerging from that chrysalis is definitely on crack."

Alternately, you could picture one of those old dudes from that 80's movie like Wilford Brimley trying to hang onto the hood ornament.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I think we're all unanimous that we want artie to succeed on the field and in life. those are some immense challenges he has, I really hope he has a breakout year.
    He's under a lot of pressure both on and off the field. I feel for him. Would love for him to become a rock solid CB. It would be good for all concerned.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN