Thread: Does Our Offense Need to Help Our Defense?

Legend

User Info Menu

Does Our Offense Need to Help Our Defense?

Do we go back to a more balanced offense this year and focus on running the ball more consistently?

I think a lot of positives for the team can come out of how we run our offense. Less throws = Less INTs. Less TOs = More TOP and keeping the D on the sideline.

I'm not asking for turtle ball to start every game. I do want to see us stay consistently aggressive on O. And I think it's important for our D to play with a lead so we can pin our ears back and have time to get to the QB and create our own TOs.

Guess all I'm saying is this is a team game. And D performance has a lot to do with the way a team plays on O. Control the clock. Don't turn the ball over. And put up points to force the opponent to play a 1 dimensional game.

Seems like common sense, but I'm going into this season knowing our D can be as good as our O enables them to be. Because no matter how you slice up our D players, I don't feel like we have a game changer on that side of the ball. We've got some good players. Some good athletes. But do we have anyone in our front 7 that demands a double team? We're more of a no name D with 11 guys that have to play together and scheme to be successful. Our O needs to protect this unit if we want a chance in the playoffs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The answer to your question is “yes, absolutely”.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The BEST way for the OFFENSE to help the DEFENSE is to NOT Turn the Ball Over!!

When you turn the ball over the Defense is put on it's heels - usually in bad field position.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!